Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Intense pain what I believe to be hiatal hernia pain
    KathyL1 posted:
    I am being treated by gastro Doctor for ulcers and colon issues. Initially the prescribed meds alleviated stomach pains. I am still taking medicines recently after several stressful events, I am having intense upper stomach pain which feels like constrict through the chest and back what can I do to eliminated the pain once it starts I already use most of the coping,, control techniques. I am reaching a braking point
    editor_morgan responded:
    Hi KathyL1,

    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain symptoms. Have you expressed the fact that you are still experiencing upper stomach pain even after being prescribed meds to treat your ulcer and colon issues to your doctor?

    Click here for more information on abdominal pain (includes information on causes and treatments).

    Also, please feel free to check out our Pain Management Community to read posts from users who are also experiencing chronic pain, create discussions and provide support to others.

    My thoughts are with you ((hugs))!

    Please keep us updated.

    Helpful Tips

    Drinking waer everyday keeps my digesive going. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website