Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Had Stomach and Pelvic CT Scan...so scared!
    Pattianxiety posted:
    Hi everyone...thanks for reading my post. Within the past year I've had some stressful times and medical conditions. My latest has been a bout with constipation, bloating, gas, pain in lower left side, anxiety and depression. I have been battling stomach problems since I can remember. Had all kinds of blood work done and ultrasounds within the course of the year and all was clear but still battling the above symptoms. Since my doctor was not in his assistant saw me and ordered a stomach and pelvic CT scan which I had yesterday. Was hesitant due to radiation but this was the only way to get accurate answers of what's going on inside. With already having high anxiety and depression, waiting for the results has me sick to my stomach and beside myself. My friends are trying to comfort me saying that it's probably IBS but of course I don't believe them and thinking the worst. I did have a colonoscopy and endoscopy about two years ago. All clear there too. Also had a stomach ultrasound a few months ago and I pelvic ultrasound a few weeks ago. All clear also. When you live alone and all you have on your hands is time to think and think it brings on the worst anxiety and depression. I try to exercise good thoughts and positive thinking but the negative out weighs the positive. Thanks for reading. It made me feel a little better putting it down on paper. Peace ...

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
    There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website