Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Binge eating advice
    margaretw514 posted:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just coming to terms with the fact that I might have a binge eating disorder.I've looked up a lot of ways to help 'discipline yourself' with food, etc., but none of it's helped. I've struggled the past year with food and have experienced many of the symptoms of the disorder, so I think I might have it.
    I would love to get help if it's possible, but I would also love to hear from you all and any tips/advice you have to give.
    Thanks -Margaret
    atti_editor responded:
    Hi Margaret,

    I think that talking with your doctor about your relationship with food, what you have already tried, and what options are available to you is a great first place to start. He/She may also refer you to another doctor or a therapist who has more experience working with people with binge eating disorder.

    The WebMD Binge Eating Disorder health center is filled with information that you might find helpful and is another good place to start: It includes articles on healthy habits to implement in your life, different treatment options that may be available to you, and more answers to some of the questions you may have.

    Please let us know how you are doing and any specific questions that you may have

    Helpful Tips

    may be anorexic again
    I'm on a diet plateau.. I lost only 12 pounds this year as opposed to 70 pounds 3 years ago. I gained back about 30 of the 70 pounds. I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.