Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    JessicaAlicia posted:
    Hi, I'm Jessi. I'm almost 18 and have been battling major depression and anxiety for 5 years. Last summer i went on a binge of sorts. I drank and smoked weed heavily and I ended up only eating when I was high. Loads and loads of food. And when I was sober, I would never be hungry. After the summer I went back to school, but i never had an appetite unless I was high or drunk. So I decided to quit everything and see if that helped. But ever since then I hardly can get food down. the only time I can really eat is when my stomach is in too much pain. I just don't want to eat anymore. I think I could lose some fat but I'm already 150 at 5'9. I want to know if this will fix itself or if this is a type of eating disorder.
    Michelle3Kristin responded:

    I would go see a doctor if you are concerned about having an eating disorder. It is better to be safe than sorry. It sounds like you might have some problems with food but I am no doctor. Regardless of if you have an eating disorder or not the issue still needs to be addressed along with your drug use, drinking, depression and anxiety.

    Hope this helps,


    Spotlight: Member Stories

    i hate my life! I"LL ALWAYS HATE MY LIFE!!!!

    Helpful Tips

    How to increase Font Size
    Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 21 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.