Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/womens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

All Endo, PCOS, Adeno, Hysto's, Pelvic Pain this is the link to our new Exchange. It will take some time to get everything re-entered...but WELCOME ALL!!!
    I'm 19, does it get better?
    Madie35 posted:
    I'm 19 years old. I had emergency surgery two months ago because my doctor thought my appendix was rupturing. I woke up later to find out it was chronic pelvic pain due to endometriosis. (Which I have never heard of.) I was told by my doctor that the pain I experience almost every day will most likely not go away until I have a hysterectomy later in my life. I was also told that there is a chance I may not be able to have kids and that it's likely I may struggle one day in becoming pregnant. I cried for days, not understanding a thing my doctor told me or why.

I never thought something like this could affect my life so much. I just turned 19. It makes me feel like something is wrong with me and honestly, a little worthless. My whole life I've dreamed of having my own family one day. I know I'll be okay, but it's hard dealing with endometriosis when it threatens my life long ideas of happiness and makes me question my worth as a women. I'll most likely never be able to have a surprise pregnancy like some of my older friends. It all seems like it comes so naturally and easily. Will my future relationship struggle because I may not be able to do the one thing that women are created to do? Who wants to be with someone who carries that kind of baggage. Worst of all, the pain reminds me of it everyday. Im not a depressing person, I love life and love being young. But I've cried in the bathroom at my work several times due to pain. I'm embarrassed by it. I don't want anyone to know.

I don't mean to come off as helpless or depressing. But my world has been flipped upside down. I joined this site for advice, help, and support. My family tries to understand my situation but its impossible. I'm very thankful my situation isn't worse. I just need help so I can become as strong as some of the other women who post their experiences as well. Most people my age are having fun partying and living life to the fullest. Being sober at parties comes off as being lame but Im terrified of making my endometriosis worse. I know it can have negative affects and possibly make it worse. But people my age don't understand or even know about endometriosis. And honestly I don't want them to know about something so personal to me that affects my life daily. I'm embarrassed and terrified of my future. Does it get better?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Name is Tabitha. I was dx with Endo in 2002 at 19 years old. I started my period extremely early at age 9. My pains and problems didn't get rea...More

Helpful Tips

The Endo Bath :) Here it is ladies! I hope it helps you relax just a bit!
    There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 49 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.