Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/brain-nervous-system-disorder/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Seizures are strong this week
    anthonybrownii posted:
    I had multiple since a week before Christmas and several before New Year. My fiance' is a former nurse aide and told me, I had up to six little periods of jerking.I took my meds and went asleep around the second seizure. I have been dealing with my seizures for my entire life and it seems they don't like me to enjoy holidays because since I was a child I haven't gone a holiday without one Petit or Gran. This doesn't bother me as much as it causes me to remove myself from various events. I know there isn't a cure and in my case not a Dr. ca explain why but all I do is say someone else is worst off than me, and enjoy those gaps between seizure events which can span months.

dancer86442 responded:
    Hello Anthony, Good to see you! I do hope you are doing better, now that the Holidays are over. Docs can't explain or figure it out? Well, that isn't surprising. But, I think that Holidays can be Stressful to some. Thus, triggering seizures. Did you know that even being 'to Happy' can be Stressful?

Hoping 2016 will provide some answers for you. Keep on doing your Homework. And Keep Up w/ your Journal! Hugs

Love Candi
    International Awareness Day: Second Monday of Feb. March 26: Purple Day, November: Epilepsy Awareness Month. Wear Purple to show Support. Advocate

anthonybrownii replied to dancer86442's response:
    Yes I knew that my emotional state could trigger them and it is why a lot of people don't get me, they feel puzzled when I don't get excited but just be like Thank you. I am in a relationship now where I told her from the beginning and she did her homework and is more understanding than anyone of my past and as I said she is a former nurse aide so she's a big help when they do happen

dancer86442 replied to anthonybrownii's response:
    Hi Anthony,

Most people don't get me, either. But, people can't walk in our shoes. So, I don't let it bother me. I will explain, if they are willing to Listen. If not, then they ain't worthy of being a Friend anyway. I consider these folks as Toxic, Negative people in my Life, I don't need. Those who are willing to accept me as I am, well they are far & few between. I once read that in our Lifetime, we only have maybe 1 or 2 True Friends. Who needs more than that?

So, do I hear wedding bells in the near future for you? She sure sounds like a 'Keeper' to me! Seriously, I am very Happy that she is in your Life. I'm sure you are even more Happy! When I met Howie, I explained everything the first nite we met. 3 days later he asked me to move in. A year later we were married. (At the beginning of our relationship, Neither of us wanted to Ever be married again.) We've been together for over 28 yrs, now. I hope someday I will visit this Group & note a post from you that tells me you are.....The Luckiest, Happiest Man, Ever! Despite Epilepsy! Hugs my Dear Friend!

Love Candi
    International Awareness Day: Second Monday of Feb. March 26: Purple Day, November: Epilepsy Awareness Month. Wear Purple to show Support. Advocate

I was married twice and combined they lasted less than 10 yrs, so I told her from the jump she would have to put up with me for a decade before we even talk marriage. She was fine with that and that is where we are in year 1. She is an upgrade to my past but time will tell.

Anthony,

I was married twice, also. A total of 3 yrs. My 3rd Hubby had been married for 11 yrs. When I met him I had already learned that Life is too Precious to live w/ the past. But, the reason we didn't want to get married had nothing to do w/ caring for each other. Our reasoning.... Marriage cost more to get out of then to get into. But, Life interfered once again & we tied the Knot.

What I am trying to say.....Put that past behind you & move Forward. I know quite a few people who have visited us in this group, who Did move forward & are very Happy to have someone in their Life Forever. People w/ Epilepsy &/or their Caregivers. Course the decision is up to you & the young Lady. I just want the both of you to be Happy! I see no wrong in waiting, but, then again....I'm now happy me & Hubby changed our minds.

Love Candi

I might not take the whole ten yr's but I was married to each in less than a year so if her family asked her she had the perfect answer I could say I said. I just used that line on a few and they disappeared see my point. I really don't know when but it won't be this first to third year atleast

Never Say Never! Or Won't! I can, I Will! Stay positive my friend. Cuz, I See Good Things coming your way. HUGS!

Thank you and stay positive.

bethrose replied to anthonybrownii's response:
    Hi, I have had epilepsy for over 30 years. Please check out my blog, Growing and Living with Epilepsy at http://free22545.wordpress.com

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
    Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    19 of 29 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center