Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/brain-nervous-system-disorder/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Seizures
    helchris posted:
    Hi my name is Helen and my husband suffers from seizures that was brought on by lyme disease that went to his brain. Did this happen to anyone else? He suffers terribly and breaks my heart as he can't remember anything and suffers pain in his body after the seizures occur. He is a strong man with a wonderful heart.

dancer86442 responded:
    Hello Helen,

This Issue hasn't been discussed in this group. But, I googled to find more Info. Yes, it has happened to others'. From what I read I certainly feel for your Hubby. Pain & memory loss are common factors following a seizure. A Supervised Epsom Salt bath may help w/ the pain. The memory Loss, nothing can be done. As his caretaker, you need to start a Journal. Please read the Journal info in Helpful Tips.

Here is a link for an article about this. http://www.columbia-lyme.org/patients/ld_lyme_symptoms.html Use your Google or Yahoo Search Engine to learn even more. I would use the Term Treatments in your Search, also.

I know it's hard to watch someone have a seizure. Or at least, I have been told that by Lots of people. My Hubby is my Caretaker. I know how the aftermath can be. I slept for days after a seizure. Barely able to get out of bed to go to the bathroom or fix something to eat. Recoup period varies w/ each individual & the Seizure Type. WebMD Epilepsy Health Center is an excellent source to learn about different types of seizures. I encourage you to Learn More & know what to watch for.

Hopefully, your Hubby's seizures will go away during his Lyme Disease Treatment. I do hope you will keep us posted on his Progress. Hugs

Love Candi
    International Awareness Day: Second Monday of Feb. March 26: Purple Day, November: Epilepsy Awareness Month. Wear Purple to show Support. Advocate

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
    Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    19 of 29 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center