Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Includes Expert Content
    Clear fluid underneath area on white of eye w/picture
    mirroredeyes posted:

    On on Wednesday 13th my father had cataract eye surgery and it went well. He started seeing a small like bubble on the white of eye near his nose and it was tiny. This Saturday 16th he started to notice it was getting bigger and its oval like shape instead of a round bubble.

    It also moves when he moves his eyes and curious what it is.

    We think it could be due to the incision of the cataract eye surgery the liquid of the eye seeped under the white eye membrane and allowed a bubble of liquid to be formed.
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    A fluid filled area in the white part of the eye after surgery could be related to the cataract incision or may be unrelated. It's important to know because if it overlies an incision it may be an indication that the incision is not fully sealed.

    A call and visit to the cataract surgeon sounds like a good idea to me.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    46 yr old female diagnosed with punder my pink eye
    there is a lump on the inside of my left eyes it almost looks like a big pimple or cyst..i went to a walk in and they told me it was pink ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.