Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Includes Expert Content
    Dark Circles Under Both Eyes
    rincon66longboarder posted:
    I am 61 in great shape for my age, i work out five days a week eat right run and Longboard surf. and now I have dark circles under both my eyes. i go to bed &10:30 PM every night and have never been hit in my eyes. i have no pain and my vision is 20/20 what .could be the cause of this. my heart is that of a 30 year old My Doctor says She also says my lungs are in great shape (never smoked) and every thing else is also in tip top younger future wife is worried as we are to be married this summer. I just dont know whats going on not really painfull just feels like i am really tired. and I am quite nervous over this can You help me out as life is great. i feel like i did when i was 17 . i did beat cancer and after that i am doing well i would love to know the root cause of this I am a very light drinker. and getting more scared about this it has never happened before my left nasal passage is the size of a pencil lead.
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    Congratulations on your excellent health!

    "Circles" under the eyes are very common and noticed by many people in your age group, regardless of health and other external causes. The skin of the eyelids is the thinnest in the body and as it stretches a bit and along with some of the fatty padding around the eye pushing outward, the lower (and upper) eyelids can take on an altered appearance.

    Smartest idea is to have this checked out by an ophthalmologist specializing in oculoplastic surgery. Go to and under "find an eye md" search for an oculoplastic specialist near you. He or she will not only apply the correct diagnosis but will also have the skill set to improve the eye lid appearance if you desire.
    stellagonzalez replied to Alan M Kozarsky, MD's response:
    Thanks for your suggestion Alan, it is really helpful...

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    blurry eyes
    sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.