Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

costochondritis and acid reflux
    squarley posted:
    Last night I had my costo and acid reflux act up along with aching stomach ache, never had all that at once, any one know if costo can cause acid reflux or visa virsa. never had them together and felt like a heart attack, I took some xana because my anxiety went off the wall. was up for 3 hours ,then got up this morning ok, This just never stops with new things popping up and not knowing what it is. Lord help me, I never know should I go the doctor or what,is this normal. Thanks for any advice, Squarley

1rmouse responded:
    Oh heck yeah it can hit both at the same time. I know cause it did it to me in Nov-Dec. I'm a vet when it comes to Costco but it sure took me by surprise. I tried to figure out what set the one off and if it set off the other. I have gone to the ER thinking I was having a major health issue and after CT scans, blood work, etc. I was sent home with Advil. ; (
    I still am at a loss as how or why. I'd like to tell you but I have no clue, but I know it did happen to me. And I am still on meds for both even 9 weeks later. ; (

I will look in on your post to see what others here think..

Soft hugs going out to you.

Linda R. : )

And what is normal? With those of us with Fibro that is the 64 thousand dollar question. : - p. I didn't know it was Costo until I had gone to the dr, again, 3RD time in 12 months.

squarley replied to 1rmouse's response:
    Linda R. Thanks for responding,wow this is painful stuff, what do you take for both? Seems like once it hits it takes awhile to go away. I was alright this morning and it 's all back again,don't know what to take I take previcid for acid reflux ,tylenol for costo, and xanx for the anxiety it causes me. light hugs Squarley

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.