Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Hump Day *****5/29/2013 *****
    dollbug posted:
    Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...,where I woke up too darn early again this it was around 4. It was not my furbabies either....just me.

    I worked a bit in the yard yesterday and was really very tired again. Perhaps this had something to do with me waking up so early. I have no idea. I am so thankful that my lower back pain has now disappeared and I do think that me taking the P5P has been the reason for this. I still do not quite understand the connection of this but I know that it did not take long for it to kick in to make a difference.

    Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. We are at the end of May, with June right around the corner. My how the time has flown this year.
    School will soon be over for this year and summer will be here.
    I am looking for Thanksgiving myself, when we will get a new little one to love and cherish. I can hardly believe that we will have a new baby before the year is over.

    Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will make a difference in how your feel. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. Whatever you decide to try a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks before deciding if indeed it is making a difference. (unless of course, you are getting sicker). It takes at least this much time for the body to get the *full potential of what it may or may not do*. And if something does not change.....well you start over again. I do know that sometimes just changing *brands* of vitamins and supplements can make a difference. I have also discovered that taking medicines can be the same way. It depends upon the *fillers* which are used.

    Vitamin sure and ask your doctor about getting your level checked. So important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I would indeed suggest that everyone do their own research on Vitamin there is a lot of info on the internet about this.

    As with anything and everything....what works for one may or may not help another. We are all different and we have to decide what has made a difference for us.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Wednesday.

    Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.


    rudyandirmouse responded:
    Good Middle of the week everyone. I do hope your day will be nice and that your going to be fibro pain and issue free today. I hope it's sunny where you are and that you are able to be out enjoying your day.

    I'm up too darn early too MIMI, must be I'm still running on EST time from our days down in Fl. I hated to leave. So pretty there in Orlando.. I mean eye candy lovely. Warm, not hot. Breezes to cool you down and the evenings were summer like with a sky full of stars. Just too wonderful. The family had a great time, the grand kids were so darn good I couldn't believe my eyes. Just wonderful over all.

    Even walking thru the parks, which seemed never ending and a bit daunting at times wasn't an issue for me this time. So many people there. They even opened the Magic Kingdom up for 24 hours and OMG bumper to bumper people. The crowds were unreal. Dead stop walking everywhere and some people were just down right rude. Example we stayed with our family at the Shades of Green Resort for military families and they have a shuttle / gold cart that takes you down the hill to the main road where you can catch the Monorail. Free service but you have to ask for it. They will also go back and get you if you call ahead.

    We did at 12 at night and the cart was on it's way to us as we waited on the corner. 5 people walked past us, saw us waiting and walked on. The cart came down the road, the driver asked it they called, they said YES and hopped on.

    I was livid! DH was running after the cart, telling the man to stop. He did , DH said we'd called, the people offered to get out, DH said if the cart would come back we'd wait a bit more.. but theose jerks took our cart knowing we were standing there waiting for it. UGH. Just makes ones blood boil that some people are so rude.

    I don't have plans for my day, well maybe the nail salon and market. But just a day to relax and feel blessed with all the good things God provides me. I and do I feel good, yes I do! Off the Gabapentin now for the season. No aches or pains. Eyes working nicely, bones don't hurt.. no confussion or foggyness to speak off.

    It's warm and I'm feeling it all over. Just the nicest feeling to feel well after months of feeling so unwell and down beaten from fibro pain and "IT'S" conditions.

    Okay everyone, will close this post here, glad to be back on Roll Call. Missed everyone. Have a wonderful day.. feel well.
    Gentle hugs, Linda R
    missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
    Hi all, Good Morning.
    I'm looking out the window at a squirrel on one of my bird feeders, might be time to let out my dogs. hmm.

    I'm not as good with pain control lately, so sad about that--but moving along. I decided to get rid of some drugs by subbing with herbal teas and vitamins/supplements a little better diet. That is a future ease into it plan.
    One reason I want to do that is to get my gutt in better shape to handle drugs I don't think I can replace easily-- mainly celebrex --which is my best help with pain.

    So.. we shall see.. if that will work. its not a huge hurry to get going on it. I just know that I have little bits of heartburn /reflux that are telling me that I could be in trouble soon with celebrex if I'm not careful. If that happens I'm all out of NSAID options and I shudder to think. My imagination has me envisioning not walking anymore. Gotta fight against that.

    Yesterday I didn't do much but water my garden--because I was called to help out so my daughter could get to work on time. I did a little bit of babysitting and loaned her my car.
    Dunno yet if that will happen again-- her hubby works 3rd shift so if he has to work late, she can't leave for her job--happily I'm 15 min. away and not working.

    So I'm waiting to see if I get 'the call' today. If not my plan is to assemble a cabinet and a deck box that I want to use on my porch. Its not 'hard' work--just have to pay attention to the directions.. LOL-- as if that were easy!

    Anyhow I'm slowly getting our home ready for more company, and that is part of the process. We need storage, these were reasonable priced and will work well for us.

    One way I 'contribute' inspite of my not working is always be on the look out for how to get things we need for less money. I also have my etsy shop where I sell little things I make.

    Creativity is one thing fibromyalgia doesn't mess with. Something for us all to be thanful for!

    Well it looks like another drop dead gorgeous day here in SC! Hope you all have a blessed day!
    angelswife responded:
    Good Morning, Mimi!
    It's raining this morning so I'm not running out the door to do someone's garden. It's a nice change! No matter how hard I try to pace lately I end up doing more than I want to. That hasn't stopped yet.

    My client who was away for a month is coming home this weekend. I was supposed to go to her place six times while she was gone to get caught up[ on her gardens, and I've been rained out for four of them, counting this morning. This means I have only one more visit to get the property looking nice. I can do that---I have to give most of the gardens a once-over---but it won't be the "pristine" look she wanted. There has been way too much rain and I can't manage more than a couple of hours per visit.

    So much has been happening, both good and not so good. The financial stress has taken its toll on Husband; and he isn't doing much of anything outside of work. He comes home, flops in front of the TV, and waits for me to feed him. he doesn't even care what I give him as long as he can eat it. I have been doing the shopping, cooking, laundry, and cleaning again, although the place looks a bit shabby at the moment. It's hard to keep up with it all.

    This week has been especially crazy. Along with my usual weeding etc., I've been getting our church garden ready for our big bridal event this weekend. I was there Sunday and Monday---Monday I planted more than 100 annuals to spruce it up. There is much more that needs to be done. I've also been at the church meetings three nights this week so far to get all the gowns, models, etc. ready for the weekend. This event is going to be huge, and the entire church is involved in pulling it together. Did I mention it's going to be in the 90s on "event day"? And I have to dress up?

    On the home front it's the usual financial stresses. The landlord is due back this week, and I'm not looking forward to that. We also had water in our place again after all the heavy rain (we got over four inches!) and we're still cleaning that up; plus we've had squirrels in the loft twice. We also have another one stuck in the wall. That happens at least once a year, and I hate listening to them die.

    There has been good things too...Last week, Husband's MD stopped one of his diabetes meds and cut his other one in half, because his blood sugar levels are NORMAL. He never really believed me when I said we could manage it with diet; but after almost five years of slow, steady progress, it has finally happened. We are both thrilled. Now he eats healthy without complaining about it. I am very glad to see that.

    Then, two days ago, we had a miracle. Husband's son came over with a hearing aid that had come from a friend's estate. We have known for months that Husband needed nearing aids badly; but the cost was way beyond what we could afford. Now he has one! He got it cleaned yesterday and it fits; and he's like a kid with a new toy. He's been deaf for so long that his brain has to relearn what sounds are and what direction they are coming from. He keeps asking me "What's that noise?"

    It's awesome to see...Of course this means I have to relearn how to talk in a normal voice instead of shouting. For the ten years we've been together I've always had to bellow to be heard. Now I have to tone it down. Wonder if I'll remember how?

    So that's my world...I hope everyone here is doing well. I don't get on as much as I'd like to these days, but I think of you all the time.
    missist replied to angelswife's response:
    Hi Angels wife--I'm a garden person too.. currently just doing my own here. But you give me an idea--maybe I could work a little on my daughters? after I get finished putting things in ground.. it is taking me forever. I work in 30 min bits so far.

    Not the best--but its enough to make me ready for a nap.

    Loved reading your post!! so interesting and encouraging.
    dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
    Hello good to see your post today....I had wondered how things were going with you I hope that soon things will indeed get better.

    Today I meant to mention that had my dad been living he would have turned 90 years old. And the odd thing is that today was also my daughter's court date for 5 charges and my son in law's court date for 1 charge....and my DD has 2 more out there for the 10th as well. (which actually makes 9 charges counting the 2 from last summer that one lunatic has been allowed to make against her) I often think that what my family has endured is like some very strange and weird tv show or some sort of story in a book....that there is no way that all of these *shenanigans* could be real.

    Anyway....I can only sit back and wait for someone else to do something about all of this *madness*.....since it is slap out of my control to do anything about it....although I have contacted our lawmakers concerning this and just how it has come down. (NC has a law which allows self initiated warrants-which allows anyone to walk into a magistrate's office and claim anything at all against another person - without any evidence at all)....Not that I expect anyone to do anything at all about it....but I do speak my *peace* anyway.

    I am glad to hear that your DH is at least eating better and now he can also hear better too. I hope he will soon realize that he should help you as much as possible around the house. Some men just *never get this* must be a *man-thing*....I have no idea.

    Anyway....I am hoping things will get better for you both really soon.

    Take care and good luck. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.


    missist replied to dollbug's response:
    Hi Mimi-- will say an extra prayer for you today. Always sad missing a parent, and I am glad you spoke up on that madness re: your daughter.

    God Bless and Peace to you!
    dollbug replied to missist's response:
    Thanks Mary.....we need all of the thoughts and prayers that we can get.....I know that this is about all we can do at this time. I do miss my dad a lot but I know he is better off.


    mnjeepguy responded:
    Good evening everyone. It was the first day it felt hot in the mill this year. It was probably 75 outside, but much warmer indoors with the machines. I am glad I tolerate the heat pretty well.

    I had a nasty flare of some sort this morning. I'm not sure what brought it on but it made for a long day. I felt like going home and crawling into bed but took 600mg of ibu, made sure I was hydrated, and stayed distracted. I had chores once I was home and then we had grocery shopping and other things to do so I just sat down here at about 8:30. I am off to bed shortly. Tomorrow is a new day.

    Funny, I was sitting here with the big Orange cat in my lap purring away. One of my dogs barked in the yard out back and he instantly stopped purring, growled, and jumped to attention like a dog with and intruder on site. This got the other two cats alarmed and they were all staring in different directions looking for something. Silly critters.

    I hope you all have a good night, take care everyone.

    rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
    Hi Sharon, sorry that you two are dealing with the return of the landlord and financial stress. I know how stressful both are for yo. But I know that your feeling better being able to be out of doors now with the weather turning spring like and I know it's a real help for you getting your business back up and running. I keep you in my prayers each night and do so wish it were all easier on you thee as you are still recovering pyhsically.

    And getting the hearing aide is wonderful!! I know over the next few weeks your DH will just be amazed at the sounds he is hearing. I am so happy for you!

    And not having to take the diabetes meds is beyond wonderful. Even during times when your food choices might have been bad, they weren't, and you were headed on the right path to his good health. Good job Sharon!

    Will try to call by the weekend. Until then, have good days, happy ones with few to any aches or pains.. Gentle hugs, Linda R

    Helpful Tips

    For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.