Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Monday, Monday - 7/18/2016 *****
    dollbug posted:
    Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. Well....I am guessing the political news is what we will hear and see for the rest of the month now. I will be so glad when all of this is over and done with. I have received lots of phone calls trying to get me to answer questions...the other end is cut short though as the time runs out before they get started good. I am sure it is just a computer any way. I only wish that the *do not call* applies to these calls as well.

I did not have a good week-end at all. I am hoping things will get better soon though. I am not quite sure what, if anything, can be done about the kidney stones. I was lucky to have some medicine which helped this time. I tried to make it last as long as I possibly could. This has not been fun at all though. I hope I do not have any more to deal with after this.

Cory it was good to see your post. I hope things will get better for you too. Sounds like your week-end was busy. I guess your family is enjoying the new surroundings with the house.

Schools are gearing up for fund raising to help with the supplies that children need. I try to help my 4 get whatever they need....as the baby is now in pre-school and he has to have things too. Children need a lot to learn. The older they get the more they need. I have to wait for the school list to be released before I can do my shopping, for the most part. I know they will need paper and pencils...sometimes there are *certain types* or supplies which are listed though. Education is not cheap at all. Book bags do not last long either. I guess there is a reason for this too.

Welcome to any new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that you will find some good info here....be sure and check out the *tips* and *resources* sections.....review the *sharing the toolbox* and *Dr. P's discussions* as well.

Have a great Monday and remember to pace and drink lots of water....and try to stay *cool* if possible.

MiMi

WOW*****so I see my profile picture changed.
    PRAY FOR PEACE and leave the rest to GOD....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
    Good Monday MiMi and to all that may follow. I hope there is sunshine and warmth where you are and the you have the best day ever.. no fibro issues or pain.

MiMi, we have the second group ready for you. If you look for Louise Cote on fb add her as a friend and then she'll add you to the group, which is secret, and when she'll add you she will set you up as the group's monitor. Just like here.. And anyone from Roll Call can join there. It's a way to keep in touch when this site is not working right.

Don't have a lot on my plate today. Our trip to Atlanta did happen yesterday. DH is still under the weather with a dislocated toe and his eye injury. He's on the med but it's taking time. Vanderbilt, where he went, didn't lance the eye and it's taking longer than it should have. Poor DH.

Have errands to run with DH today. Forgot to pay for his car tags so gotta get down to the DMV and get the tags. Also have to stop at the market and WalMarts.. just little stuff.

MiMI, am so sorry that you are having such pain and discomfort with your Kidneys. I know it's very painful passing stones. I do hope the meds you have make you feel better.
    <<< HUGS >>>
    Okay let me close here. I don't like to type to long cause my post may end up in the black hole.

Gentle hugs my friends, Linda R

melpom responded:
    Good Monday all

This week will be a hot one in KS. We have had a good summer more rain and lower temps than usual. I have enjoyed it as much as possible.

I have a busy week ahead trying to get things ready to go on vacation. We are going to Gulf Shores this year. We have been there a few times. Love it!

MiMi - I do hope you feel better soon.

To all - have a good day with little to no pain and fatigue.

Take Care! Mel

katmandulou responded:
    Monday - Hot - Humid

Summer's really here! 91 and humid here, waiting for the t-storms they promised to arrive. I'm hoping that will mean less humidity. HAHA I have hope"026

I'm so tired of the phone calls. I tell them, "no, I don't have time for this foolishness"026" They get the message quickly. The ONE time I wanted to engage, the caller cut ME off

I had a swell time at the bridal shower Saturday. My BIL's wife's daughter (BIL' step-daughter) is getting married the weekend before Labor Day. The shower was in the backyard (no AC, folks) and truly, as one niece put it, "Pinerest perfect". There were little sandwiches (no crust, but with cheese) and lots of sweets. When I got home I told DH "I need protein," so off to the steakhouse. I was still buzzed on sugar, but I know I had eaten something good for me!

I'll be walking through my downtown starting my Back-to-School event in earnest. I sent a flurry of emails in June, and others after the 4th. I love doing the event, it's great for those in our town who couldn't get the extras. For $2 per kid they can get all the school supplies they need and more, which means Mom and/or Dad might be able to afford some extra socks or underwear. Feeling happy about it all!

Wishing you all the best day YOU can possibly have,
    Lou

desertwind responded:
    Good evening,

It was cloudy and humid all day and got a little rain tonight. I enlisted my GD to help me this morning to cut suckers that a tree puts out in bulk (!), and raking up the area.
    Then her grandfather kept her busy with things he was doing. The afternoon was spent inside playing games.

On my first day I needed a nap!

Mimi, sorry to hear you are still dealing with the kidney stone issue. I hope soon you will be rid of those troubles.

Mel, I hope you don't tire yourself out with too much busyness! I like the idea about the students paying $2 for supplies, a hand up rather than a handout.

Linda, I've tried both code names and there are so many of each I don't know what to do about it.

Careful in the heat.

Jeanne

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.