Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Hump Day - 7/20/2016 ******
    dollbug posted:
    Happy Hump Day.....MiMi in NC....where it is going to be another hot day. We have certainly had our share of hot days this year. I will be glad to see some cooler temps soon. Can you believe Christmas will arrive in less than 6 months?

It is amazing what we can view sitting at home from the touch of a mouse. My little GS and I found a live cam site where we can watch all kinds of animals from as far as Africa. It is explorers live cam. Be sure and check it out. Yesterday I was viewing this watching bears from Alaska. There were visitors taking pictures on one side of a body of water of 2 brown bears. I continued to watch this and within a short period of time the bears entered the water and swam over to the exact place that the visitors had been. I do not understand this at all....but I do not think I would have liked being this close to where bears live and roam. (the visitors had moved along before this took place but it seemed quite dangerous to me). I especially like watching the bears trying to catch their dinner. Sometimes I get to see only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few gathered in the water trying to catch salmon trying to get back upstream.

I did rest better last night and I hope each of you had a good peaceful and restful night and I hope we all will have a good day with little to no pain as we go about our Wednesday.

Welcome to any new members who have joined our support group or who just might be lurking. We are still experiencing some *issues with posting* so I do encourage you to be sure and copy your post before you tried to submit it.....so IF it happens to disappear into cyberspace or wherever it might land...you will have a copy to resubmit it without losing the post you did.

I also want to mention Vitamin D and just how important it is to get your doctor to check it and then keep tabs on this through the year as well......(at least have it checked once a year - more IF it is extremely low). Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It does require a simple blood test BUT you must ASK your doctor to do this.

New members should also check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*.....review the *sharing the toolbox* and *Dr. P's discussions* as well. (Dr. P is no longer here but he left us with some good info).

School is just around the corner now. The stores are filled with all kinds of school supplies that the children will need. I checked yesterday to see if I could find my GC's school supply list. They were either out OR they have not gotten them yet. I help them get their supplies every year. It is important for children to have what they need to learn.

OK.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Be sure and try to stay cool.....drink lots of water and remember to pace.....as this does help.

MiMi
    PRAY FOR PEACE and leave the rest to GOD....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

grumpygoat responded:
    Hi, MiMi, and all who may follow! This will be brief as I tried yesterday and lost my post. Miss this site, didn't miss that aggravation! I am trying to get to the Facebook page-- I hope I haven't messaged a TOTAL stranger.... Hope all are as well as you can be and have a great day, Lisa

melpom replied to grumpygoat's response:
    Lisa,

We have missed you! I do hope you are able to find the Facebook group!

Mel

rudyandirmouse replied to grumpygoat's response:
    Lisa, wow it's so good to see you here. We've been waiting to show you how to get the the private fb group page we set up for those of us who can't get a post on line here.

It's pretty hard to find the group by asking about it. It's called Roll Call Too. It's meant to have MiMi as monitor, like here and Lou is the group's administrator.

So far it's worked out very well. We have Lou, cece, Nancy, Cory, Sharon, Mel and me. So we're getting there. We hope to have everyone on board soon.

To get on board try asking Lou Cote to add you as a friend, if that fails, ask for Linda M Reyes, Columbia, TN

We'll be looking for you... Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.