Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Ionizer and bed mattress
    An_267755 posted:
    I am encouraged by some of the feedback on water ionizers. I am awaiting o on delivery of a Life Source M13, so when it gets installed and running, I will give feedback.
    I would like to ask if anyone can recommend a mattress for a fibro suffer. I have tried memory foam (too hot and I developed TOS from my shoulders rolling up) so that went. Next latex. Too hard, too soft, hot and I'd bottom out (I weigh 205) so my hips hurt. I I simply can't find an old fashion box spring and mattress without memory foam, latex or a combo of same. This includes the "cool gel impregnated foam. I have had 40 surgeries with every major joint replaced, (hippos, knees, shoulders) plus the thumb joints of both hands and half my toes on one foot fussed. I feel hopeless.

dollbug responded:
    Hello and welcome. MiMi in NC. I only wish I could provide you with some good info on mattresses.....DH and I bought a Stearns and Foster Mattress which we both thought was great.....BUT this was right before I got sick. Since 2005 I have been forced to sleep in a recliner.....and not just any recliner at that. I have slept in a Cap Napper on pillows. It reclines back almost to a sleeping position, but not quite. I do this to keep my pain levels where I can stand it. I would love to have one of the adjustable beds so that I could sleep in a bed again...but not sure that this will ever happen.

I have also had several surgeries as well...including parathyroid and cervical (neck) surgery, multiple knee surgeries and multiple wrists surgeries. I have bad hips and bad knees along with back pain as well.

I do hope you can find something that will allow you to rest better....as I think we all know just how important our resting and sleep allows our body to repair itself.

Take care and good luck.

Oh....by the way I do use a heating pad most nights....I put in on the back of my neck area which eases whatever pain I have.....I am assuming it helps because of the spinal area. Try it as this might also help you as well.

MiMi
    PRAY FOR PEACE and leave the rest to GOD....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

sammm22 replied to dollbug's response:
    I'm sorry; I am happy I found this site. I thought I was being cursed by God the Father. The past week I've felt so worthless, I just wanted to die. I've slept in recliner too, not fun, losing the ability to sleep, also having server restless leg, being so incapacitated, my self worth is at, oh, zero. Thank you for the tip, I'll try it. As for the adjustable base, I don't think it would work for any of us as there's no give and you "bottom out into mattress". This was so painful, I just went to recliner or couch.
    God, why can't I die, what a poor cast of the lots.

melpom replied to sammm22's response:
    Sammm22,

I am so sorry for your pain! Please continue to come here and post often. We are all here to help each other. Take a look at the resources here and check out past posts. Try some things and see if it might work for you. What works for one may not work for another but it is worth a try. Let us know how you are doing. Hang in there. Things will get better. Take Care! Mel

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
    Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    205 of 222 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.