Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Sunday - 7/24/2016 ******HOT, HOT, HOT in NC and elsewhere*
    dollbug posted:
    Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is headed to being HOT today....heat index will be over 100*.....we have had a hot summer so far. I am hoping this hot spell will be short lived....I am looking forward to *cooler weather*....NOT cold but cool. I am sure my electricity bill will be high this month.....BUT it has been cooler in the house than outside. My younger son has a work shop which is really hot. He has only a fan but it does not help much. I hope he can soon put a small heat pump in.

OK....so I finally made it to FB....Linda R. got me in. I hope others will follow. I will say that I tried to figure out just how to do this but was unable to do so. Perhaps one has to be invited? I do not know. I have been on FB for some time but do not know all of the *ins and outs of it*. We shall see.

Here is hoping each of you had a good peaceful and restful night and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

I did not have such a good day yesterday....had stomach issues and then some lower back pain again. Not so sure what is going on....if this is kidney stone related or something else. I go for my tests this next week so hopefully I will know something soon.

Our younger son fixed dinner for us to celebrate my DH's birthday.....we enjoyed the dinner but it was a wild time with the 2 little boys who have so much energy. One is big enough to help and the other one wants to do the same things as the big one does.....regardless. It was indeed an interesting time. The little one used the potty for the first time which was exciting for them. One step closer to getting out of diapers completely. I remember those days well. Diapers are quite *expensive* these days.

Not much going on in my corner of the world. I did get to buy 2 Christmas gifts this week.....(as I think we all know this holiday is just around the corner....whether we like it or not) . I decided that I needed to go ahead and get these 2 as I am sure they would be gone before long.....plus I saved $20 to boot. (love saving money). I had been looking at these 2 things for several months now and wanted to see if they would be reduced any.

OK....welcome to any new members who have joined or perhaps just lurking. Please remember to copy your post before you try to submit it....as it just might disappear into cyberspace or wherever it might land. (not sure anyone really knows what happens to them).

Also....please read the *memo* above about this site.....as there seems to be *changes coming soon*.

The info here will provide some good *tools and tips*....so try to read them NOW****before they disappear for GOOD. Perhaps you can *make a list* of what you might want to try. One never knows just what might work for them until they have tried it.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check yours....as it just might be causing more pain.

Until next time.....have a good Sunday and remember to pace....drink lots of water and try to stay cool.

MiMi

missshortyd responded:
    Please add me to the FB page (Linda. Ford)

maggiethedoglover replied to missshortyd's response:
    Me, too!

maggiethedoglover AKA Margaret Browder.

Also, can anyone tell me why this site is being abandoned????

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

desertwind replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
    Maggiethedoglover,

For many months we have tried to contact WebMD to get them to fix this site. It once was active and vibrant, but due to the frustratingly, time-consuming glitches and lost posts we were losing not only old-timers, (respectively), but newbies were passing over this site when they saw our troubles with it. At last Mimi contacted their FB page and told them of our trials so now you have the message above from them.

Also we thought it very possible to loose each other as the site continues to degrade so we are jumping over to FB on a private site, while Mimi and others have expressed the need to continue here as well for any new people who are asking for help.

I'm glad you are a dog lover- as am I!

Jeanne

franr replied to missshortyd's response:
    Hi

Please add me to the FB site. The only web site I belong to is closing too bad. I love everyone who post here and their wonderful knowledge this news is too bad. I hate to lose contact with these wonderful people.Please add me and hope we can continue to keep in touch..,..Fran

katmandulou replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
    Friend me. WebMD owns the site and will do whatever they want.

katmandulou replied to missshortyd's response:
    Find me - Louise Cote. There are a lot of women with your name!

katmandulou replied to franr's response:
    Find me - Louise Cote. I can't find you without your last name.

nhgirl82 responded:
    I'm new. Please add me to FB site. Stacey Michael, my picture is a cool turtle.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.