Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

mysterious toothache
    jbcamel posted:
    I see it's been many years since anyone has posted here. I hope someone sees this.

For the past few months I have had a mysterious toothache. It's a sharp pain that comes and goes between two teeth. I went to my dentist and he saw nothing. He sent me to an endodontist who also saw nothing. I said pull it, but they think it might be from my fibromyalgia and that pulling it won't cure the pain.

Has anyone experienced this type of tooth pain? It is not sensitive to pressure or temperature. There nothing I, or the dentist, could do to make it hurt. It just comes out of the blue, last for a few hours, then disappears. Sometimes for a few days. Sometimes a few weeks.

I probably do clench my teeth when sleeping, but I've been doing that for years and years.

Does this sound familiar to anyone??

Jane

dollbug responded:
    Hello Jane.....MiMi in NC. Actually our *site* has been active for some time, although we have indeed had *issues with trying to post*....I have had several *issues* with my teeth since I got FM. I have no idea IF they were connected to FM or not. I will say this though....IF you only experience a short period of pain, then I do NOT think I would have a *good tooth pulled*. Have you thought of getting a mouth piece for sleeping to help the grinding....which might be the cause. (I am guessing as I too do this as well which can make my mouth sore).

I do hope you will find some answers soon....as I think we, FMers, have enough pain to deal with facing the *wrath of the dragon, aka FM every day.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi

katmandulou responded:
    Hi Jane!

We're still here and posting. I'm not sure what you're seeing.

Have you discussed your grinding with your dentist, and are you using a nightguard? I found mine has helped a lot. It's uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it.

I hope this helps,
    Lou

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
    Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    205 of 222 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.