Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

People I trust don't believe me
    MeHurt2 posted:
    Just really need group support. Diagnostic in 1998.
    I live in Meridian, MS. Need help getting through all the mixed emotions. I have a hose of issues.Cant find a group local.

Take the Poll

What everyone doing for a support group?
    • Online discussion and/or group
    • Local group
    • No support
    • Family and friends support
    • Driving a distance for group
    vote
    View Poll Results

fibroinsand responded:
    once again...having trouble posting.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi MeHurt2,

Support group therapy has the ability to be incredibly effective. It says here that support groups make patients feel not so alone, and that realization brings with it relief.

You are not alone. You deserve comfort and understanding. This is a social networking site specifically for people with fibromyalgia, which is beneficial when you can't find a support group in your area.

Please be sure to come back and update us on how you're doing. We care about you and we are here for you ((hugs)).

katmandulou responded:
    Hi MeHurt2!

I'm sorry the people around you aren't more caring. FM is not easily diagnosed (as you must know!) and everyone responds to treatments differently.

You can see that not many people have been posting. A couple of years ago the fired all the medical pros - the docs and nurses - and let their fora become a free for all. Many have left in search of a better forum.

I don't know anything about the group editor_morgan is talking about, but I'll check it out. Please repost - we DO care!

I wish you the best day YOU can possibly have!
    Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.