Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Update
    trinamolena80 posted:
    Hi all! its been a few months since I last posted. In February I had a massive flare up and almost a nervous breakdown from the pain. After waiting 2 months to see a pain management dr I had been waiting to see, I finally met with him and started a pain medicine regime that is working very well for the most part. One of the only big issues I'm having now is when I get my menstrual cycle, lasting 4-10 days, I get severe allodynia and CRPS. I had to look it up to get the medical terms for them. I have major sensitivities to lights, sounds, hot or cold temperatures, anything at all touching my skin including my own skin touching itself. The feel of the sunlight to my skin feels like I'm being scorched and everyone thinks I'm crazy. Thank God I've finally gotten over what everyone/ANYONE else thinks about my fibromyalgia and treatment since none of them has to endure it! This pain is debilitating. I've called my pain dr whom was out of the office and sent me to the ER but as I told him, they wouldn't treat it because I'm under a pain contract with him. I'm feeling a little better the past day or so and I see him next week where we will address this. I'm just curious as to how many others on here have this severity of allodynia and how its being treated. I'm already on 20 mg oxycodone 3 times a a day.
    I'm hoping everyone is having a great summer. Its hot here in VA! I'm ready for the fall!
    Big gentle hugs to ALL.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi trinamolena80,

First off, thank you for coming back and updating the community on your progress. We care about you and we want to hear how you're doing.

I'm glad to see that you are on the right track and keeping in constant communication with your doctors about your pain symptoms.

It says here that choosing your wardrobe carefully helps with managing your symptoms caused by allodynia. Avoid tight or scratchy clothing. Skip tights and panty hose. Look for looser waist bands. If bra straps hurt, try a sports bra.

Please be sure to come back after your appointment and update us on how you're doing

((hugs))

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.