Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

changing thoughts
    grumpygoat posted:
    Sometimes when nothing is helping our suffering, the only thing left is to change one's attitude. Not saying it's easy, but I found this technique to be helpful for me. Instead of letting the whirlwind of responsibilities knock me down, I change whatever thought I can from "I have to..." to "I get to...".
    Instead of "I have to do the dishes", "I get to do the dishes" which can bring to mind more positive images, like how good the sink will look when it's empty, how good it feels to have at least one tidy spot, gratitude for hands to use and legs to stand on... Or "I have to watch the kids/grandkids" to "I get to watch the kids/grandkids" and find gratitude for their presence in your life, and the opportunity to watch them grow and nurture them.
    Test this on some of your "I have to"s and see if it helps. I read this somewhere, but I have no idea where--I wish I could give credit where it is due. It has helped me on the really dark days.
    Lisa
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

booch007 responded:
    Good stuff Lisa!!

ATTITUDE IS ALTITUDE!

It is not easy as you say at times. But i can be done, to flip that switch and and the more you do it...it is liberating!

I will take a DAY OFF and say leave it and then like today, the BIG girl pants go on and I look at all and know i will be in a better place when it is all done. I have a full day today with the GC tonight for more fun (pizza making , baking cookies and I am sure costume role playing)

Life needs to be full, not full of crap but full of projects and activity that we enjoy in the end. Pacing through like troopers.
    Hoping for the right mix of meds and movement to assist with it all.

But you are so right on. ATTITUDE IS ALTITUDE.

Fly.......fly all!

Nancy B

lml7221 responded:
    Agreed!! I absolutely love this!!! I have found so much HELP in changing my attitude and changing my routines to be more healthy!! I am so much happier with how my life is now. I don't feel like I'm suffering anymore, I feel like I'm dealing with it. Which is progress for me!!

Haha I actually don't mind doing the dishes because I am always soooooo cold and LOVE a chance to run my hands under hot watcher for a few minutes! ha!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.