Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

FM study?
    lee817 posted:
    Good morning...I am curious to see if anyone has done a FM study? There advertising for one close to my area and are stating it is approximately 60 days with trial medications and a individual health plan. I'm not so sure about these "study's" but at this point in My situation and not presently having health ins I was thinking it might be worth a shot. Any thoughts? Thanks and hope everyone has a good Tuesday
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

grumpygoat responded:
    I will be curious what the gang has to say about this one. I have seen such an ad, but the prospect to me is terrifying. (I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and PTSD, so my opinion is not typical!). I also have a difficult time finding medications I can tolerate, so this just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Now if they were measuring the effectiveness of massage, accupuncture, etc., I would be on board for that!
    We'll see what others have to say.
    Lisa

melpom responded:
    lee817,

I think I would have to find out what exactly the study is. I use to think that these trials were great. Isn't this the only way a drug can get approved. We need these studies. I even signed up for a research facility to call me when studies where going on that interested me.

Now after learning what drugs can do to people; I would say no. If it was a study using vitamin / supplements, exercise or something natural I would say yes.

Hope you get some good response to this post!

Wishing you well!

Mel

dollbug responded:
    Hello lee....MiMi in NC. I have participated in several studies. The ones I did I had no idea what I was taking. You go in and fill out the paperwork and then continue to be *monitored* during the process OR perhaps sooner, IF you do not fit what they are looking for.

The last one I did I got kicked out of since whatever they were testing *improved* my pain level and they no longer wanted me to continue......(no joke).......I was only just a bit out of line but they would not allow me to continue. And it was sad since what I was taking was also helping my fatigue as well. My personal opinion was that *it sucked*. But I am not a research person so I guess they knew what they were doing. Never knew what it was I was taking.

If you are interested in doing it, then I say go for it. Some of them will pay you for your time and gas. (it is not much but it sure helps to off set any expenses you might have)

I hope you will update us on how things are going and IF you decide to do this, IF it helps.

Take care.

MiMi
    IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.