Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Mattress that works 4 me
    4fibroblg posted:
    I bought an Intelli-Gel bed about 15 years ago because it was the only.bed that didn't feel as if it was pushing or putting pressure on some spot on my body!
    I tried laying on at least.6 very high quality beds for varying amounts of time, all put pressure somewhere on my body that increased the fibromyalgia pain. I went past the showroom of Intelli-Gel and stopped because I was totally unfamiliar with the company. I must have talked to the salesman for an hour because he brought up their mattress business with hospitals for patients in extreme pain. This bed is heavy, it is made of gel cubes so air moves through it and keeps the bed cool, that is a plus for me. It also does not put pressure on any part of my body and that was perfect for me.
    This is an expensive purchase but for me turned out to be a great buy. I had given away 5 mattresses before I found this one because after days to months trying a new different bed I felt terrible. The other beds started to made my nights miserable and getting out of bed the worst hour of the day.
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
    Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    205 of 222 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.