Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Exercing with Lupus
    Tazzy70052 posted:
    I find it difficult to exercise when my Lupus flares. It causes sever pains in my knees, and I'm limited to certain exercise moves and length of time. How can I do more exercising without the fear of paying for it afterwards?

nutrik responded:
    It is important to see your doctor before you start any exercise. The most difficult part is the start and fighting with initial pains. You need to know your limits. If right now you are not doing any exercise you need to start slow, take short walks, skip a bus star and walk to the next one, slowly increase speed and time. If walking or running is too painful, you can try swimming, dancing, biking, yoga, pilates, etc. As long as you keep on moving.
    Once you are adapted to the exercise, you can try adding some weight lifting it is very importan especially for women (the bone density decreases with age and even more if you are taking prednisone), you need to start with the lower weight (2 pounds or even canned food can work too).
    Find the time of the day where you can exercise with less pain (if when you wake up its too painful, maybe you can try do it in the afternoon).
    A healthy diet can help too, try to add more whole grains, fruits, veggies, fiber, beans and legumes, nuts (avoid peanuts cause they can stimulate the inmune system), unrefined oils (olive oil extra virgin), salmon (good source of Omega 3), organic meats and dairy (to avoid the hormones and pesticides).
    Qalorie.com can be a very useful app there you can keep track of your daily foods, nutrients, water and exercise that way you can be sure you are giving your body exactly what it needs to stay healthy.

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
    Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    82 of 100 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.