Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Drink water before bedtime
    joycee_bastain posted:
    it is beneficial to drink a glass of water before bedtime . It helps to cleanse our body. It maintains hydration. It burns calories. It balances energy levels.
    Other best times to drink water:

1) Before a meal
    2) When you're sick
    3) When you wake up
    4) While exercising
    5) When you are tired
    6) When you are around people who are sick
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

rohvannyn responded:
    Water is my favorite beverage anyway, it's the backbone of what I drink. Sure, I like green tea, black tea, hibiscus, juice, coconut water, and energy drinks, but water is absolute queen of all beverages.

jimmyb66 replied to rohvannyn's response:
    I was advised that Energy Drinks should only be consumed by athletes and other persons actually burning up excess energy.

rohvannyn replied to jimmyb66's response:
    It might depend on the energy drink. Some of them are little more than B vitamins and a little caffeine. Unless you believe that all caffeine is bad, that isn't going to be harmful. The main thing is to either factor in the calories from sugar, or be aware of whatever low calorie sweeteners are used.

Besides, what makes an athlete? I do a fair amount of weight lifting, for example, but I don't run. Still, for the bulk of my drinking, I prefer water. I agree that it isn't a good idea for people of whatever type to drink several energy drinks (of whatever kind) a day.

Helpful Tips

edugator66
    I recommend you get your thyroid checked. I was having trouble maintaining my 75 lb. weight loss until I found out I was hypothyroid. Now ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    7 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.