Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Help, Please!!! I am getting desperate
    natters1974 posted:
    A few years ago I had my gallbladder removed and I have had GI issues since.

I have had many flare ups and been put on by my GI doctor on Carafate, colistid and pantoprazole. I hardly eat anything spicy, saucy or greasy. I have gotten sick from good fats like avocado. I was doing ok until labor day weekend. The flare up that time was the worst yet. I was put back on my medicine and also added zantac added. I haven't seen any improvement. I have tremendous pressure in my chest constant burning, belching, regurgitation, even my nostrils are on fire. The last thing we are trying is switching the pill Carafate to the liquid one which we started yesterday and no relief. The pain is even more intense when I lean forward. I am to wait one more week before I can call him.

doichinka responded:
    I am really sorry that you are going through this period and the medicines you take are not bringing you comfort. While I am not a doctor, I have had bile related reflux for several years. Please do not follow my advice blindly as I am not a person with medical education. Still from my experience, and what I found from medical research articles is that antacid such as Talcid in combination with PPI such as Rabeprazole or Ezomeprazole containing drugs, in combination have good effect on bile related reflux. The reasoning was that while the PPI is strong inhibitor of the stomach acid it does not reflex bile related inflamation, which in your case of remove gallbladder could be the case. The Talcid however chemically interacts with the bile and neutralizes it, augmenting the healing effect. PPIs such as Nexium could be prescribed by your GI and Talcid or analog brand should be available without prescription. For best results, take the PPI 30 mins before meal (once or twice a day) and Talcid after each meal. These both should decrease your hearburn quite rapidly. Carafate seems like good solution for the stomach.

More related notes, such as diet that worked for me, I have shared here . Good luck and get better soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

Gerd
    I too, had severe chest pain. Dr. ordered tests for heart. Did not have heart problems. Physicians Assistant told me to take Nexiun & ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.