Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

New here today
    Swims77 posted:
    Hello. I am new here today. I was diagnosed with GERD back in 2007, when I found out my severe sore throat was really erosive esophagitis. That scared me into eating very carefully for a few years, & I felt much better. (I also have to take a PPI). For the last year or two, I am having a terrible time getting myself to stop eating when full. I keep a food diary, but that isn't helping me control myself. I would be happy to email back & forth each day with someone who is also struggling with this. It doesn't help to talk about it with my family, because they don't have this problem, & they just feel sorry for me.

ashishsoni responded:
    tell me your full symptoms

mvkhanna responded:
    DearSwims77

I am from India and had the same problem of acidity reflux and
    could not sleep properly and eat due to acidity.
    Some days back I tried treatment with magnets. This has cured the problem in 3 months and now I can have almost everything except hard drinks.
    If you are interested, please contact me at my email id [email protected] .

mtaves responded:
    I've been suffering from acid reflux problem for years. I actually tried a lot of supplements and medications but it never did a really great effect. The only product I tried that did stop me from suffering is the Mandarin Skin . I am still taking them on a regular basis and it really did a difference.
    You should try it! it is not that expensive too. I buy them directly from their website

Hope it helps ya!

undefined responded:
    This is what happens to me when I ingest azodicarbonamide, even in small amounts:
    1- 5 hours
    Unpleasant feeling in the back of the throat, can't really identify the source.
    Coughing or sneezing episodes.

3 - 8 hours
    Reflux Acid or GERD like symptoms.

5 - 14 hours
    Gas, Bloating, and intestinal noise with IBS like symptoms. Headache that becomes increasingly severe eventually becoming a Migraine Headache, accompanied by Severe High Blood Pressure 200/100 .

11 - 24 hours
    General Malaise with severe gastric upset. Eating becomes very uncomfortable and there is a distinct craving for bread or bakery products.

Beyond 24 hours as the cycle intensifies
    Interrupted sleep due to reflux acid episodes. Normal drinking water tastes bad, and it activates something that causes a severe acid reaction and may cause regurgitation. If left unchecked, the I may start smelling exhaust when exhaling. As the cycle continues to intensify I become completely debilitated and unable to perform normal functions resulting in lost time from work or school, and I am unable to complete normal tasks.

The cravings for bakery products reinforce the whole process and make it much worse until I am too sick to do anything.

Once the reactions to the chemical starts, it takes days or weeks, to flush it. If I keep eating bakery products, I inadvertently keep the reaction going and it gets stronger day by day.

My Blood Pressure got so high, 256/115 that if I wasn't currently clear of coronary artery blockage (according to a recent stress test) , I would have died of a heart attack. My normal BP without any medications is 110/65 to 135/70.

Many people are on forums complaining about the various symptoms I've listed here, but they don't know what's causing the problem. Most people don't recognize the connection of the symptoms they report to something they ate yesterday or the day before.
    I think it took time for me to develop sensitivity to azodicarbonamide, so it seems to get worse with more exposure. I can no longer ingest any azodicarbonamide, not even one small donut or a biscuit or a slice of bread, without a negative reaction lasting several days. Having this stuff in my food is deadly to me.

I don't know how many people this stuff has killed without ever being suspected.

Please help get this stuff out of our food supply.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

My GERD Solution
    I have suffered from severe GERD for many years. Here's what works for me and I consider it a miracle. I take a 40mg Protonix (you can also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.