Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

reflux? I am not so sure.
    An_267761 posted:
    So I just got word that my biopsies (endoscopy) came back that I have reflux. I asked the nurse if it was acid reflux, and she said, no..just reflux.
    This morning, I had a barium swallow and ultrasound done, so I must wait for those results.
    my symptoms are constant feeling of something stuck in my throat/ upper chest, like a pill, belching, loss of appetite, and when I eat, I have a nauseated feeling. I don't have any stomach aches or vomiting or bowel problems, and I haven't had any weight loss.
    I am on medication for angina, recently, as I suffered from shortness of breath and a feeling of heaviness on my chest. Tests of all sorts were conducted, and I was told it was angina, and now, shortly after all that, I have this! I feel as if I need MORE answers.. that there has to be something because why, all of a sudden?
    I am 56 and have always been healthy.
    thank you to anyone who has anything to share w/ me and can relate.

CheekyboyBlue responded:
    Hi An, your symptoms sound pretty standard for reflux. I have certainly experienced all of these symptoms at different times, and endoscopy just confirmed inflamed eosophagus due to reflux......my symptoms came on pretty sudden, started with a tickle cough, but after a couple of months suddenly escalated into nearly all of the classic symptoms....heartburn was pretty late to join the party. It's a condition that can come on suddenly, and out of nowhere to anyone at any age

Let's wait and see what test results show up!

Helpful Tips

My GERD Solution
    I have suffered from severe GERD for many years. Here's what works for me and I consider it a miracle. I take a 40mg Protonix (you can also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.