Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1.Head over to this page:

    2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Mother's Day Loss
    sablechica posted:
    My beautiful, vibrant mother passed away on Mother's Day 2012. I'd just visited her and she was having some asthma issues, but assured me to go to work (as she'd done previously many times). I went, but called to check on her and didn't get an answer. So I left work and called the police. When I arrived, it was too late. She'd died. She was my best friend. Her passing and me finding her body has cause some psychological and emotional scars. I break down and cry almost daily. My brother (and only other sibling) after hearing of her passing came and claimed her property and pretty much waged war on me over her belongings. I feel like I have no one to talk to in my family. So as a result, I've started drinking daily to try and numb myself. I'd like to go to counseling, but I don't think they'd truly understand my pain. I feel all alone. I need help. Any advice would be helpful.
    therapistjonmemphis responded:
    Ms Sablechica,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a parent is so challenging for children, and often times as a way to cope with the feelings of anger people take it out on the remaining family members. Sometimes this can go on for awhile. I would encourage you to seek help through a grief recovery group, or even individual counseling. Your experience would qualify as what therapists' would call complicated grief, and the fact that you cry daily makes sense based on what you have been through.
    Best wishes with your recovery through this loss
    sablechica replied to therapistjonmemphis's response:
    Thank you therapistjonmemphis. I'm currently seeking counseling. Thank you for listening.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    All I can say about myself is that I am 50yrs. of age and just experienced the greatest losses of my life. I have made alot of wrong turns in the ro...More

    Helpful Tips

    lost my son in dec.10
    New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 9 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.