Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
    puppy dawgs(trigger maybe)
    dibbits0530 posted:
    I have had the honor and privilege of sharing my life with six dogs in my life's journey. Never had the same breed twice. This last one is a Westie. He is my life and mine heart at this point. Nearly nine. A rescue dog. He rescued me as well. Interesting thought. My first dog (tiny) was a Border Collie/Shetland Sheep herder. He was my nanny while mom took care of the house. It was him that gave me knowledge of animals. When I was 4. Tiny broke loose from the house and was hit by a car. Miraculously, he survived. We took him to a farm to live after that. I mourned the separation of my first friend and I still cry when I think of him. Magee is such a friend though he is much smaller than I, he has the biggest heart when it comes to me. I appreciate this soul he looks after me as Tiny did. He is my heart for now

david
    take from each day, all that is comes your way - then return, only the very best that you are

bpcookie responded:
    (trigger) Dogs are wonderful. Ive had many dogs in my past. I was a volunteer for an animal rescue group. I rescued many dogs, fosters many, adopted the senior dogs and also had 10 dogs of my own. 1 dog that I adopted was this 5 pound mutt that thought he weighed 100lbs. He was so protective over me and wouldn't allow anyone to sit next to me. One day I opened my back door to go out and my little dog ran out back and my Great Dane killed him. It was horrible. When I got a divorce and moved in with my sister, I could only take one dog with me and I chose Cookie. It was heart breaking to leave behind the others although the rescue group found them good homes. Cookie Lived to be about 20 yrs old. We now have her ashes in a beautiful urn sitting on our book shelf. Now we have Chewy and boy is she full of energy. She makes me laugh every single day. I adore her.

I hope these photos show up.

Cookie. She had some missing teeth and only one eye but as you can see, she was a happy dog.

This is Chewy, she is such a stinker
    When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

dibbits0530 replied to bpcookie's response:
    Love them both Cookie
    Triggers
    Chewy is a floppy earred West Highland Terrier? (Boo), aka Mr. Bubbles Magee is my Westies. A nearly nine bundle of joy with a really messed up past. He gets nasty and is a biter when you approach him suddenly. He's an alpha dog all the way and we vie constantly for position of pack leader. My take on pack leader is not like most. I was given the name Whitewolf by a Blackfeet Cherokee negress who suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. I did more for her than 2 hospitals and 9 p-docs failed at. Cured her. The reason for the name Whitewolf is the breed Arctic White Wolf is it's nature. One of the personalities of this woman was a North Pacific Timber(Gray) Wolf. Whitewolf she considered is my spirit.
    take from each day, all that is comes your way - then return, only the very best that you are

bpcookie replied to dibbits0530's response:
    Hey Dibbits, We aren't sure what Chewy is but we do know that she is a terrier mix.

The Indian name is sssssooooo cool. I love wolves. My house is decorated with wolf paintings, drawings, statuettes......etc. An Indian Medicine woman once handed me a black feather and told me that the Raven was my animal spirit.

dibbits0530 replied to bpcookie's response:
    Looking at Chewy, Chewy is identical to Magee whom is just about as much a Westie as a Westies can get. Magee's former owners told me he was a two year old poodle with some terrier mix.

I have an interesting wolf spirit story. 4 years ago, I was just outside with Laineygirl. My 6 year old golden retriever. Her hips had been failing so she was sitting. As we were standing by the edge of our property, my daughter and I were just looking across the way onto a neighboring property. Suddenly, a North American Gray Wolf appeared walking directly towards Laineygirl. She let out a deep sigh and we looked down at Laineygirl as the wild approached. Everything was almost not moving. When we looked up for the wolf, she had vanished just as she appeared. Three days later, we put Laineygirl down for she was beyond help from this earth and needed to pass on to the next.

Thanks for sharing Cookie

david

bpcookie replied to dibbits0530's response:
    aaawwww sorry about Laineygirl and YES, that is a very interesting story!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Taylor, im a 26 year old female who loves to have fun. I am also a Bipolar 1 rapid cycle and ADD patient. I love it because like us all, ma...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
    Don't eat yellow snow. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.