Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
    Pets and the odd things they do
    bpcookie posted:
    Hi dahlings, I thought it would be nice to talk about our pets. My pet is addicted to Fabreze Spray. She even knows what the bottle looks like and will come running to me if I'm holding it. Any time I start spraying the carpet she will roll in it and some times she gets right in front of the nozzle. lol. Its a pain to spray things around the house and NOT spray my dog.
    When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

davedsel2 responded:
    That is funny, Cookie.

Our 3 small dogs have recognized the name of one of their treats. The dollar stores (Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc.) sell their brand of Beggin' Strips called "Wavey Bacon". Our dogs understand the words "wavey bacon" and we can't say that phrase or they think the are getting some and go crazy. It is their favorite treat. My wife spoon feeds the dogs Ceaser wet food for breakfast and dinner, and I give them their treats as a dessert afterwards. In the morning they get their wavey bacon, after dinner they get Denta Sticks. So, we have to say "mm-mm-mm-mm" instead of wavey bacon or they think their getting their favorite treat.

It is surprising how many words dogs can understand.

bpcookie replied to davedsel2's response:
    LOL thats so cute. I can't say any word that has a B at the beginning or my dog will run and get her ball. uuuggghh. She is ocd about her ball.

I can't ask her "do you have a belly ache?" cause she gets her ball so now I ask "do you have a tummy ache?" lol

maryinkentucky responded:
    I have 2 dogs and a cat. The cat and one of my little dogs r in love. Tinkerbell, a Shih Tzu, runs kissing the cat every time he comes thru the door. When the cat stays indoors for the evening they curl up together at one end of my bed. It is too funny. Tinkerbell is also overweight and every time i put her on a diet, Jarvis, the cat, brings her roadkill. My other dog, Chrissy, a pomerian, is 15 years old and she is going deaf and blind but she is still happy as can be.

On a positive note, I am less depressed today but still struggling to get things done.

davedsel2 replied to maryinkentucky's response:
    Mary,

Our 3-year-old male Shih Tzu Buster hates our cats for some reason. Whenever he sees one he start barking like crazy. You would think after 3 years he would be used to the cats, but he is not unfortunately.

He also loves to go with my wife to her mom's. He loves his Grandma and she loves him. My 90-year-old MIL mostly does not like dogs, but she just loves Buster.

Here is a picture of all 3 of our dogs. Rosebud is the black and white Pekinese/Shih Tzu mix on the left, Midnight is the black Chihuahua in the middle, and Buster is on the right. Midnight is actually our eldest son Russell's dog, so we are Granddaddy and Grandmommy to her. She is our grandpuppy.

davedsel2 replied to davedsel2's response:
    It would help If I posted the picture:

bpcookie replied to maryinkentucky's response:
    OOHHHH Mary, the story about Tinkerbell and Jarvis is so darling. I love how the cat brings him treats. yummy. lol

I had a dog named Cookie who lived to be around 20 yrs old. She had one missing eye, was having problems seeing out of the other and her hearing was failing. No matter what obstetrical was thrown at her, she always dealt with it.

Im so glad that your not as depressed today.

bpcookie replied to davedsel2's response:
    aaaawwwwwww, how sweet. How did you get them all to stay there for a photo?

My dog is a camera hog. I get out the camera and she automatically comes to me and sits down, looking right up at the camera.

davedsel2 replied to bpcookie's response:
    Our dogs like to have their pictures taken, too.

dibbits0530 responded:
    Boo is my West Highland Terrier. (Profile Picture). He is better looking so he gets the honor. My relationship with Boo, aka Magee is different then my other dogs that I have remembered. Being a shepherd dog, he makes himself the alpha male do we clash in that issue. We talk back and forth. He barks unless he is whiny then he speaks words. Very few. When ever I go out for awhile, he wines, "I don't want you to go," and "I'm scared,". Separation anxiety is major in Westies. When I do get home, he charges and jumps up. Then he barks and shoots through the house like a pin ball. Greets back to me for a growl Yipe kind of b bark then charges through the house again. For like 5 minutes then grabs his crunchy bottle throws it at me and runs off. Comes back, growls and barks. Then we do the chase and fetch with the occasional tug and pull. He is a rescue dog and had his own bed but usually end up in mine at night (after I settle,). I come around past his bed and get into his space because of lsck room. Then he is defending his turf and would be happy to tear my legs apart. I talk to him gingerly, and reassure him that he is okay and I am just getting into bed. His face is so sweet when I do this. He is so attentive but his PTSD is so severe that he is constantly on turmoil. He just amazes me with his unconditional love. As much as I give this back, he keeps me straight with it as far as the rest of the family is concerned.

Not your conventional story

david
    take from each day, all that is comes your way - then return, only the very best that you are

bpcookie replied to dibbits0530's response:
    Dibbits, your story really put a big smile on my face and a giggle in my heart. He sounds like a real character.

dibbits0530 replied to bpcookie's response:
    He's definitely a force to be reckoned with. I've been to the ER 2 or 3 times from hits bite. Most people don't get pet trauma. He's gleeful, playful even with the cat and the kids. 9 years old with the spirit and energy of a kid
    take from each day, all that is comes your way - then return, only the very best that you are

bpcookie replied to dibbits0530's response:
    Be careful Dibbits! I was bitten by my own dogs while trying to split them up from a fight. Of course they didn't bite me on purpose. I went to the fire station where my friend works as an EMT to get it cleaned up but they have to call the ER every time someone gets their help. The ER Dr. on the phone told me that I HAD to go to see him. I refused. He said that if I didn't show up with in the hour that he would send the police. So I went to the ER even though the bite wasn't anything serious. The ER reported the dog bite to Animal Control who then told me that I HAD to have my own dog quarantined for 10 days. Even though she had had her rabies shot. The entire ordeal was completely necessary.

dibbits0530 replied to bpcookie's response:
    Hi Cookie

at the age of 4, I was playing (wrongfully) with a miniature collie. Teasing her but what does an invincible 4 year old know. She bit my right cheek. Blood and guts. I screamed for her to come back and ran into the house. The collie yiped and whined as she ran away. ER needed her for rabies check. Since she was no where to be found, the gave me the shots. 17 stitches with a fish hook needle. No novacaine or anesthetics. You haven't lived until you experience that pain. 3 days later, the collie returned and was very much upset and afraid. I asked to go out and see her so she would know that I was okay. My parents and the collies owners were hesitant but relented to my instance. When I went to see her I sat down in the living room while they got the dog. She saw my face bandaged and lower her head and tail and walked in circles. She was so sad and hurt. I did help her out that day and was given a valuable lesson from a miniature collie about love and respect. See without love there is no respect. Such a beautiful reunion.

I have been grabbed in the hand by a dogs mouth and led around. Bit various times. I do not concern myself so much as I should. Since my last incident with Boo, he has not repeated the action and I suppose he never will again.

david

bpcookie replied to bpcookie's response:
    oops, I just realized that I wrote the wrong word when I was replying to Maryinkentucky's post. I meant to write *obstacle* but instead wrote *obstetrical*. LOL darn that spell correct

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Taylor, im a 26 year old female who loves to have fun. I am also a Bipolar 1 rapid cycle and ADD patient. I love it because like us all, ma...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
    Don't eat yellow snow. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.