Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
    Gloom, Despair and Agony On Me
    davedsel2 posted:
    Remember this song from the old TV show "Hee-Haw"? Well, that is what I am feeling today. One week from today is my right total hip replacement surgery, so I had to stop aspirin as of yesterday. Osteoarthritis causes inflammation plus pain, and I take enteric coated aspirin to help with that. So, I'm in extra pain without the aspirin and it is humid and very rainy in Western New York today. I'm taking Tylenol and my muscle relaxer which now is helping a little bit.

My wonderful wife understands and I'm trying not to be crabby. It is hard, but I don't want her to make me go into the bedroom or to go away until this is over. She said she wants me with her even if I am crabby, but I am working to be happier about the whole thing. My hip pain will be gone by this time next week, then I'll be recovering from the surgery which should go well.

bpcookie responded:
    Im happy that your getting a hip replacement. Any kind of chronic pain is torture. Like you said, "the pain will be gone by this time next week".
    When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

davedsel2 replied to bpcookie's response:
    I saw my primary doctor for surgical clearance yesterday. All is great except I am anemic for an unknown reason. I am having a transfusion this morning at 9:00 so my hemoglobin count will be above 10 as is it 9.3 now. My primary doctor said it's not bad but they usually prefer to do surgery when that number is above 10. It helps with healing and minimizes the risk of infection.

So, something new for me and a bit unnerving. Should be simple and easy. I sure hope so.

Then we are taking our eldest son out to dinner tonight to celebrate his college graduation. We are going to a restaurant called "The Melting Pot". It is all about Fondu. You get a cheese fondu, then a salad, then a main course fondu that where you cook meats and veggies in broth, then a chocolate fondu you dip fruit and pieces of cake into. It should be delicious and fun.

Have a blessed and wonderful Wednesday, friends.

slik_kitty responded:
    thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. lol

davedsel2 replied to slik_kitty's response:
    You are very welcome, kitty. Would you like me to post the lyrics to the rest of the song? LOL

dibbits0530 responded:
    Hi Dave

You have always been a source of strength. Right now you are ready for surgery but not the recuperation. Pain is an aggrevation. hope you use this dinner tonight as a celebration for a long awaited replacement. I've been through 4 surgeries in six years. Latest was three weeks ago. Went to see my orthopedist. He knocks on the exam room door, steps in and says "Has it been two years already? Did you miss me?". In my younger days I would self medicate. Pain meds, anti depressants, anti anxiety, muscle relaxers and marijuana. All at the same time. I also worked a 40 per week job. Now, muscle relaxers and nsaids. Celexa and lamotrigine. I'm almost numb to pain. Surgery is no thrill show. Each one is harder to take than the last. Hang in there. Lot of good days ahead
    take from each day, all that is comes your way - then return, only the very best that you are

davedsel2 replied to dibbits0530's response:
    Hi, David.

I am looking forward to a future with far less pain.

We had our celebration dinner tonight for our eldest son's college graduation. It was absolutely wonderful. Excellent food and a really terrific family time with both sons, my wife and me.
    The restaurant was a unique experience that promotes conversation and fellowship. Plus, it's all fondu so you get to play with your food! LOL.

dibbits0530 replied to davedsel2's response:
    Sounds really great Dave. I'm very happy you had such s blessed event.

david
    take from each day, all that is comes your way - then return, only the very best that you are

Spotlight: Member Stories

Over 40 & B/P is basically under control with min. meds after 20 years of screwing around with them. I wish for little bursts of Hypo mania, anyt...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
    http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.