Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
    They won. :(
    mellyagain posted:
    So my son was scheduled to start college at a prestigious technical art university in less than a month. He has an apartment lined up. Won a $40k scholarship. And today, less than 30 days from his start date, I get a call from his father who says he will be overextended if ds1 goes to his school. Paternal grandparents are withholding his prepaid college fund money. My baby's dream died today. Part of me died with it.

slik_kitty responded:
    wow. that's horrible. if that is his college money, then his grandparents have no right to it. so so sorry. hugs. i hope you can work it out somehow. fight them. that is his money.

bpcookie responded:
    Oh no. Thats just horrible honey. hugs and kisses
    When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

mellyagain responded:
    As is usual, all things happen for a reason. The update:

Tried as hard as I could, but ds1's school did not pan out. He has landed in another school for art and his dream lives on because he fought for it. Living at home with his dad, but still getting a highly technical education with a higher ranking school. He started last week and is thrilled.

I stepped back from being in the middle of ds1 and his dad for the first time ever. It was scary for me to let go, but my health simply cannot handle the problems that go with it anymore. My heart hurt in many ways over this one. I plan to continue this tactic. They are both adults. I will hear their complaints, but I will not be the solution or go between anymore. They have to figure it out on their own. Still not sure how I feel about it though. Healthwise, it is tough to make the call as to whether or not it is making a difference.

bpcookie replied to mellyagain's response:
    You have to think about your own health honey. When my daughter was 14 she decided to live with her father. I was heart broken!!
    When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

mellyagain replied to bpcookie's response:
    I was prepared for him to move across the state to live in a dorm style apartment. So him remaining with his father is about the same to me. I am ok with that. I know I couldn't handle the extra stress of him living here with me plus the adjustment of becoming a live in mom since 2009 with ds2 who now lives with me. Trying to undo all the bad study habits and problems his dad created. 14 is not an adult when it comes to school, ya know?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 43. Was dx'ed BP1 and GAD about 6 years ago. Mainly deal with depression. Currently on lithium and wellbutrin. I have serax also but rarely (ra...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
    http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.