Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
    Waking up Angry!! Often!
    An_266718 posted:
    Most mornings, when I first wake up, I am either really sad or Really Mad!! Today I was MAD. I am 35 yrs old and I live with my bf. I try to joke about it and say that I am not responsible for what I say or do when I first wake up. But it's really not funny, especially if you are in my path during one of these mornings. It's like the minute I open my eyes, my brain is flooded with negative feelings and thoughts. One thing for sure that sets me off, if I wake up and have unresolved feelings from the day before, like regrets or hurt feelings. I wake up and whatever those negative feelings are, turn quickly into furry. I even throw (embarrassing) fits. I will hit the wall as I am turning on the lights, literally try to rip my pillow in half, and I honestly do not see how my coffee pot has made it through my furious, make coffee as fast and hard as I possibly can fits. And if my boyfriend is in the path of destruction, I will say something really ugly to him. Sometimes I will yell at him about something that I seriously need to talk to him about or a issue in our relationship, but I make it way worse by saying it in a very hateful way. then when I really want to talk about that particular subject, it's already tainted bc of the way I brought it up or the rude things I have said about it in my fit of rage. Well, that's what happened this morning and I am feeling full of shame and regret right now as I write this. I WENT OFF ON HIM. I was physically throwing a fit until I was out of breath. Yeah, I did that. All bc I felt like I didn't sleep well or comfortably bc he was always in my way or laying near me. (He is very affectionate and touchy and me not so much) After a few minutes of being awake, I started feeling horrible about the way I acted. I said I was sorry, but sorry doesn't cut it this time. And it shouldn't. I was mean. But now it's awkward and we haven't spoken in hours. I know that I am in the wrong, but at the same time, I see Red when I wake up and have to get through that, ALMOST EVERY DAY. IT'S NOT FAIR TO ME OR ANYONE AROUND ME. I Can literally feel the chemicals in my brain rush over me when I wake up (or that's how it seems ) and have to try to pull it back in and be normal. Every day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 43. Was dx'ed BP1 and GAD about 6 years ago. Mainly deal with depression. Currently on lithium and wellbutrin. I have serax also but rarely (ra...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
    http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.