Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Bartholin cyst HELP!!!
    mlandon2 posted:
    I had surgery on a bartholin cyst five years ago and no problems at all. I was married two months ago and was a virgin. I was already having issues with sex since it was painful. Now my cyst is back. I had it drained 5 days ago and its back already. I have done the baths and hot compress. I also tried a homeopathic remedy using tea tree oil, calamine lotion, and witch hazel. I am desperate. Having it lanced last week was the most traumatizing experience of my life. Simply going to the gyno makes me nervous and I cry. Thinking about the event makes me cry, the fact that I cannot be intimate with my brand new husband makes me cry. I just feel so lost, and I am hoping that someone has advice or something I can do. I do not want to go through surgery again, that alone was awful the first time. PLEASE HELP!
    smjpain responded:
    I know it hurt when you had it lanced open but having delt with this before and leaving it alone I ended up getting MRSA. I would recomened you get to a Doctor ASAP to have it lanced open they might be able to numb the area first then put packing in so it stay's open.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.