Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    prolonged period
    nothinbutreal posted:
    I'm 30 yrs old and I have been on my period for more than 2 weeks, and my vigina feels like it's contracting (if that makes sense to you). I thought I had a bladder infection, because when I go to the restroom my urine would have it's regular color and everything but it would leave my viginia area feeling sore like; but not painful, it felt like I had (ruff sex) or something. I don't mean to be disrespectful in the way I'm describing my issue, but I don't know no other way to let you know about my issue. I need to know what is going on! I can go without a panyliner and everything, but it appers after I wipe down there, I thought I was cut or something, but I used a q-tip to insert inside my vigina just to make sure it was coming from there; Yep it is! Please help me I think that Im really making it worse from STRESSING!
    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    You have not been on your period for over two weeks, you have been having abnormal vaginal bleeding. No one on an internet board can tell you what is going on. You need to see a doctor.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.