Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/womens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Infertility miscarriage and potential estrogen deficiency
    Francislee123 posted:
    Hi I'm 24 years old and I'm having some issues and thinking it might be from low estrogen. To begin I've always thought I had fertility issues because getting pregnant never seemed to happen except two times both resulting in a miscarriage at 6 weeks. My first miscarriage was two year ago and I had no idea what was going on. The last miscarriage was last month and it was hard to go thru because of wanting to have a baby. Since I was about 21 I've had night sweats hot flashes mood swings irregular periods shakes dizziness and foggy thinking/ memory among other symptoms of low estrogen or maybe progesterone. After being pregnant recently I've also obtained hip issues where their irritated constantly. I really want to have a baby but it seems impossible and being pregnant last time with high hopes then miscarrying got me looking into hormone deficiencies. ( I've never taken birth control until a few days before I conceived in my last pregnancy. I had taken two days worth lost the birth control then had unprotected sex and got pregnant). Feeling like not being able to get pregnant was cursed on me I realized the only thing I did different was take birth control. Maybe that spiked my hormones up to be able to get pregnant? Would really like some answers and input in hoping to figure out if this is the case so I can carry a pregnancy full term let alone get pregnant again.

georgiagail responded:
    Miscarriages are depressingly common. It would be unlikely that taking two days worth of birth control pills did anything in terms of "spiking" your hormones levels up to where you could get pregnant.
    Have you discussed having your hormone levels checked with your OB-gyn?

Gail

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.