Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/womens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Was losing hair at 25.. now back to normal at 26
    kelseylav posted:
    Hi there — I just wanted to submit a comment because I dealt with hair loss as a 25 year old. I am 26 now and my hair is back to its normal thickness. I went through a stressful period in my life when I was not getting enough sleep, not eating enough healthy foods and generally just not taking care of myself. I was suffering from a lot of anxious feelings and depression.
    I went to a lot of these sites trying to read about what was happening, and if I would go completely bald or if my hair would grow back. I never seemed to get any answers and it made me even more anxious about my life in general… worrying that I would be bald. I can assure you that if you commit to becoming a healthier person all around your hair will most likely stop falling out and go back to its original state. The most important thing is to STOP STRESSING, allow yourself and your body to heal and your hair will follow.
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

atti_editor responded:
    Thank you so much for posting this. I had a similar experience recently ( and at basically the same age). I had noticed more and more of my hair falling out and started spiraling down the rabbit hole of possibilities, which only made me more anxious. While letting go of stress and easing anxiety to stop hair loss isn't going to work for everyone, I do think that it had an impact on my hair health as well.

If you notice excessive hair loss over an extended period of time (or if it is falling out in clumps), it is always a good idea to see your doctor -- as a medical condition could be to blame. I saw my doctor and was tested for hypothyroidism among other things, which came back negative. My hair loss was seemingly caused by high anxiety levels and some vitamin deficiencies, which I have taken steps to improve and have seen positive results with my hair.

If you are struggling with hair loss, this slideshow is a good place to begin gathering information, understand what normal vs. abnormal hair loss is, and familiarize yourself with treatment options that may be available to you.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.