Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    American College of Cardiology's Cardiosmart
    Robert A Harrington, MD posted:
    I have mentioned the Cardiosmart website as a resource a few times in individual posts. This is a terrific website supported by the American College of Cardiology, the major professional society for cardiac caregivers in the US (and with plenty of international members as well). There are some good pages dealing with common cardiac conditions and procedures. There are some links to helping you find a cardiology specialist in your area if needed. I'll continue to refer to specific pages when I think that someone might benefit from some of the materials but for now, take a look and see if there are some things that you find helpful.

    Bob H
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 26 found this helpful
    nymtnwmn responded:
    I have a fairly detailed question about my mother that I would like a doctors opinion on.

    Helpful Tips

    potassium levels
    talk to your physician and check your meds on WebMD -- some med combinations either deplete or increase potassium levels in your ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

    Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center