Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.
    1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/hepatitis-c/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Auto Immune Hepatitis
    Anon_158945 posted:
    I have read some of the post concerning Auto Immune Hepatitis. My daughter was diagnosed with this condition around the age of 10, In 2000, Her skin and eyes turned yellow. We took her to Children's Hospital and after testing she was diagnosed with this disease. She never took otc meds, or was stressed as some have suggested as the possible cause for this condition. We were told at that time that the Doctors did not know exactly what causes this condition. She was put on Imuran and Prednasone (sorry about spelling). She is turning 26 this year, they tried to wean her from the Imuran a few months ago, but her emyzyne levels went up so she was put back on both meds. She had been off of prednesone for years. She had two biopsy's to check for cerosis over the years, but so far is doing well. She will be getting married in April. I also wish that they could find a cure for this illness, and knowing that she cannot come off of the meds means that she is coming to terms that she will at this point never have a child. She has been through so much since the age of 10, sooo many blood test, Doctor visits etc. But I pray that she continues to be well and keep this disease under control, just to let some of you know, I have read in other articles that the life outlook is 10 years, this is not the case, as my daughter has had this condition for16 years so far, keeping your doctor appointments, taking your medications and being vigilant is the key to keeping this condition under control, also having the best doctor that is very knowledgeable with this disease is important.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi there,

First off, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Hepatitis community. Many people may not know of autoimmune hepatitis and its reach to our children. What you've gone through having to witness your daughter go through unimaginable struggles from such an early age is truly a testament to both you and your daughter's strength.

Congratulations on your daughter's recent marriage. I hope that you both will continue to keep this condition under control and that many more blessings come your way.

Click here to learn more about autoimmune hepatitis

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
    I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.