Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Unprotected/Protected insertive oral with shaving nicks n flu like symptoms
    tensesid posted:
    I went to beauty parlor girl 41days before and while massaging she took my penis in her mouth for one second. Immediately I removed my penis and put condom and she gave me blowjob for 3-4 minutes., but my dick was not erect.While sucking I saw her saliva coming down towards the base of penis where I did shaved my pubic hair before 3 hrs and their might be some superficial nicks bruishes abrasions leisions. So what are my risk of [br>1.unprotected oral sex of one second. [br>2. if she had bleeding gums or sores in her mouth and her saliva mix with her blood enter to the unprotected area of my genital where their is superficial cuts before 3 hrs while sucking.
    After 27 days of exposure I got runny nose for few hrs on first day.
    Second day I was feeling chills all day.
    Third and fourth day mild sore throat and low grade fever on and off.I was so scared that,I took rest for 2 days with 3 doses of paracetamol and 3 doses of antibiotic fearing ars symptom.
    Again after 39 days I got runny noses and chills on first day and mild sore throat and sometimes little temp and now it is 3rd day and now normal
    I m very depressed and very fear.
    I had no other exposure other than this. had not any protected or unprotected vaginal or anal.sex with anyone other than my wife since 20 yrs. Should I be tested or no test is required and I ignore this flu as not related to hiv and move on.plz help me I m very anxious.and depressed.

georgiagail responded:
    1. Zero.

2. Zero

tensesid replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thanks gail for reply and giving some hope and confidence.
    Are u sure unprotected one second oral.sex is zero risk
    Also her saliva if mix with blood goes to superfucial cuts is zero risk.

Actually after this flu like symptom with chills and sore throat has shaken my confidence and I m completely breakdown.
    Always obsessing about this symptoms as it happen after 27 days of exposure.
    Also after 10'days again I got flu like symptom chills n sore throat. Which is worrying me.
    Are this ars symptoms
    How to deal with this symptoms
    If this is ars symptoms what to do

georgiagail replied to tensesid's response:
    Yes; one second of oral sex is zero risk. You had no open portals into your body at the time of the protected oral sex. These are not symptoms of ARS.

Thanks gail for your reply.
    Actually I m.very inquisitive as well as chronic hypochondriac and my mind create different n new scenarious evertime on this exposure.
    Ok one second is very short to transmit the virus and second during the protected oral my urethra was covered.
    But what about 3 hrs shaving nicks around my genital area,it was not protected with condom and her saliva mix with blood (if she has bleeding gum or sores in mouth) touch that cut.
    Also this flu like symptom and sore throat are not ars. How come.
    I know I m bothering you with questions which will irritate u and u have right to not answer, but it will.help ease my mind.
    I havent slept since this episode and very anxious and fearful.
    I m taking antidepressant now to control my anxiety.
    I will be grateful to ur reply.
    Thanks

Shaving nicks seal extremely quickly. They are not "open portals" into the body even IF this person was HIV AND was actively bleeding from her mouth at the time of the oral sex. Please stop worrying about all of this.

Are u sure one second of oral sex is zero and how.
    Also shaving nicks seals extremely quickly. What if mine was not seal quickly.
    I was really confident bur this flu like symptoms has shaken my confidence.
    Still sometimes in a day I feel mild feverish until now eventhough I m not taking any anti-inflammatory like advil or tylenole (it is 5 days of second time).
    Since two years I did not got any flu like symtoms and why I got only after this exposure is bothering me.
    I had started to panicking and shaking.
    I m even afraid to go for testing.
    How to bring back my confidence that it was zero risk.

How to bring your confidence back? Go get tested; the results will be negative. And get some help for your hypochondria.

Thanks gail. The problem is I m in middleeast country andtheir is no anoymous testing. Anyone who has detected hiv he will be deported as it is very conservative country.
    If you dont mind for one question, if their is change in your risk assesment as all the pubic hair area including the base of penis or scrotum has thin skin other than the finger skin which are thick and has many layer will not be a access point and extremely seal quickly as u said.
    I will be grateful to you for ur answer and it will reduce my anxiety to great extent.
    What I read is big deep active bleeding cut is required for transmitting the virus and not on superficial cut as it immediately seals and their is no specific target cells.

Transmission through skin requires an OPEN portal into the body (i.e., a bleeding wound or direct injection as with sharing of IV drug use). Any superficial nick done through shaving 3 hours previously would be sealed.

Thank you so much for your patience and giving informative advice for easing my super high anxiety.
    Also one more thing I shud ignore this mild sore throat & mild feverish symptoms which I got twice as coincidental and move on to enjoy life.
    Furthermore, do u recommend any testing after 3 months.
    Thank u soo much for your kind advice.
    I will b grateful to u
    God bless u.

No; there is no risk here; thus no testing is indicated.

Also can I continue sexual relation with my wife as I had stop after this oral exposure fearing I will infect her.
    Thank u once again
    God bless u

Thanks gail for ur reply
    Also can I continue sexual relation with my wife as I had stopped after this oral exposure fearing I will infect her.
    Thanks once again for your informative advice.

Since there is absolutely no risk you are infected there is no reason for you to stop having sexual relations with your wife.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
    Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.