Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

kaposi sarcoma on ankle and wrist
    moonapple95 posted:
    Months ago I have experienced all the textbook hiv syptoms which made me scared to death but people say I should not even test due to my exposure being low risk so I stopped worring for a while , now after a few months im feeling week and dark spot has formed in my ankle ang wrist which seems to be kaposi sarcoma im aftraid because I ignored what I felt before now I have aid and it kills me inside specially cause im just 21 years old ang just young

georgiagail responded:
    This type of cancer develops in someone who has been infected (and untreated) for a least a decade.

moonapple95 replied to georgiagail's response:
    I just dont know whats happening to my body I feel like im rotting inside and im too aftaid to go to the doctor cause im afraid theyre gonna say im dying , what of I had an exposure 4 years ago would that be enough for the aids virus to kill me?

georgiagail replied to moonapple95's response:
    What was this exposure 4 years ago?

Brief anal sex iwas at the reciving end 2min tops

moonapple95 replied to moonapple95's response:

This is my ankle and wrist bone in afraid it kaposi sarcoma

Pictures don't open. We don't attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms. To ease your worries have you considered taking a simple home test?

https://img.r.com/PalH5wD
    https://img.r.com/ZcKW8Ad

Im just too scared at this moment I think that if I walk in a clinic there will be a 100% chance im positive , i guess im just looking for a little hope or a loophole so I can ease my self in having tested

What do you want a forum to tell you? You're trying to self-diagnose yourself and honestly, that's hopeless. Go get tested.

Im just hoping you can tell me if those pics look like kaposi sarcoma since I assume youve been expose to many

Quite honestly, your pictures are very fuzzy. At any rate, as has been posted many times before on this site, we do not attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms; only through testing. If you remain concerned, then consider testing and report back to us with your results.

But what you said that this type of desease can only occur after a decade of no treatments right? My first sexual experience was 4 years ago , does that mean its highly ulikely that this is kaposi scarcoma? Or is it posible that it can occur even if its only 4 or 2 years ago

Yes; as was stated above, this unusual tumor is seen when one has been infected (and untreated) for a very long time; at least a decade after the initial transmission.

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
    Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.