Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Worried
    reallyworried posted:
    Had protected vaginal sex with a guy who took the condom off at one point but said he didnt cum, I think he was inside me with no condom for like 2 mins. I also gave him oral with no condom and he didn't cum in my mouth but I tasted a little bit of cum at some point. That was 6 weeks ago and now I have a sore throat, tonsils look a it swollen to me, dry cough, am weak, my mouth is dry, my gums are dark and my skin feels warm but I don't think I have a fever. I had chills last week, and thought it was due to herpes was prescribed valtrex and immediately felt better but found out I dont have herpes. I also have skin changes and muscle aches. I had a test done about 27 days after exposure but that was negative. However my symptoms weren't as bad then. I asked the guy and he says he doesnt have anything but didn't say hes been tested. I am scared should I take another test and would it be accurate?

georgiagail responded:
    Typical ELISA screening tests require a 90 day wait. If you can't wait that long, ask your partner to get tested.

reallyworried replied to georgiagail's response:
    I asked him he had it and he said he doesn't, I don't know him very well and I'm not sure if he has been tested but hasn't said much, just want to know of my risk

georgiagail replied to reallyworried's response:
    Oral sex carries an extremely low risk (.5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus). Receptive penile-vaginal intercourse 10 per 10,000 exposures, again with a source known to carry the virus. In both cases, the risk assumes the act was carried to completion.

Helpful Tips

heres my point
    stay away from needles unless your health depends on it...and for christs sake dont share them. too late for me to heed that advice. dying ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.