Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

worried again
    sha123456 posted:
    went to the govt hospital for hiv test becoz in my country medical test is very imp for bank job.there the councellor gave me a test tube after reegistering my name,that test tube has a one brown spot inside the tube but it was a dried one and i went to the lab technician and she withdrawed the blood and gave me a cotton ball.whole lab looks very dirty so after 50 sec to 1 min, i threw that cotton ball away and but still my blood was coming out so i wiped the blood using my hand kercheif and washed the puncture wound with barely 2 drops of water becoz it was a drinking water inside the hospital and strictly it will not be used for washing purpose,so i used only used couple of drops.the problem is if the test tube is not clened properly means(becoz there was a brown spot in the tube)can it transfer hiv to me by means of my needle puncture wound which was created during my blood test becoz i washed my wound with the same hand which i used to collect the test tube.pls help me

georgiagail responded:
    "if the test tube is not clened properly means(becoz there was a brown spot in the tube)can it transfer hiv to me by means of my needle puncture wound which was created during my blood test"

Nope!

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
    Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.