Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Needle prick?
    An_267804 posted:
    Hello everyone,

I'm really worried. I was in the club and had a few drinks. I asked a guy I met for some gum and he asked his friend. I remember reaching my hand to his friend for the gum and I had a sudden pain like something pressed into my hand, it was so weird. I was drinking so I don't remember everything that happened. I remember asking what was that because I had a pain in my hand, it wasn't bleeding but the situation was odd. The guy I originally asked the gum from said it was probably the plastics from when you pop the gum out but he had the gum in his hand not me. I think because I moved my hand away when I had that sudden pain. He said his friend is drunk so don't mind him. That was Friday so today I was looking at my hand and there's a little lump with a whole. I was scared that maybe he pricked me with a needle or something and I keep thinking about it. What are my chances? Thank you.

georgiagail responded:
    Your chances are zero that some guy goes to a club and waits around for someone to ask him for gum so he can stick them with needles.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
    Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.