Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/heart-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Mild Stroke
    ateangie posted:
    For a week, I felt a slight head rush, as if water entered my nose.,,just like when swimming. It occurred every other day in the middle of the day at work, In the beginning, it was seconds and it increased in minutes after a while. I saw my primary care physician, and he ordered tests, MRI-Cat Scan & Catorid artery ultrasound, instead of telling my to go to ER straight. That same weekend, I was falling to one side and it was already a mild stroke and didn't realize. I took a cab to the ER and was in ICU for 4 days. I lost my balance, was in wheelchair and learned to walk again. I was out Nov 19 and returned to limited work on Dec 16. I went back to ER 2 more time due to the medicines that didn't go well with me. But, now my meds are fine. My problem now, is numbness on my right side arm to my legs, my nerves are messed up. I take it one day at a time. I saw a video in you tune on Flossing the nerves and it seems to work. Today, my hear rate is 40, and I worry what it means. There is something all the time. I am trying to understand as much as I can about mild stroke. I am walking now, but there are hidden problems that keep showing up. Am I going to be normal again?

Health4us1965 responded:
    I am researching because I took my husband to the ER today because his speech was slurred and he was lethargic. His BP was 185/99 and went down to 167/87 but his heart rate was hovering around 50. All the blood work came back fine, chest x-ray, and CT scan all fine. Speech is still slurred and feeling a little dizzy, and balance issues. They are going to do an MRI to see if any sign of stroke. He has sleep apnea and he stops breathing about 35 times an hour and his oxygenation goes down to 80. Can't figure it out.

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
    Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center