Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

IBS and pain
    shring12 posted:
    Hope this airs? Am 77, had IBS (constipation type) 3 years, always had stomach problems (diverticulosis, gastroenteritis, gerd). Want to aid other sufferers with the success I've had controlling the pain. Earlier it got so bad I started using Oxycontin and other opiod "pain" relievers. BIG mistake, they caused a bowel blockage, and I was hostalized for 4 days to clear it. Have found Linzess to be my answer.. One pill before breakfast and within in 1 1/2 to 2/1/2 hours I am way evacuating. You need be near a bathroom for that duration. While I still have some discomfort I don't not have the really (can't sleep) pain that I had. Also advise not eating big dinner, think that causes more peristalic stress late at night. Best wishes, Carter, Oregon

nonos324 responded:
    I am 68 and started with IBS C which I did not know what it was until the second GI Dr. Had gerd before so I know what you are talking about and had several operations over the years. Dr. put me on Xifaxin which is advertised on TV now even though I do not have IBS D it helped but the cost is
    so high it put me medical donut hole. Can't afford the meds.
    Now I am trying over the counter IB guard few days can't tell yet. My symptoms although still have are not nearly as severe as they were after the antibiodic. But at 422 out of pocket cost how long can a retired person use. Looking for another med that is affordable Any body out there know of any that working?

mtaves responded:
    Hi! I had IBS and my doctor referred me to mandarin skin . It's a natural product that help with all gut problem. I thought is was just a placebo, but it actually really helped me and my symptoms are now stable. It is really cheap too. They sell a lot in Canada, but I buy mine online on their website.
    You should try it! I hope you will get better!

The product name is : Mandarin Skin Plus

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
    I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.