Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

IBS and diverticulitis
    An_267498 posted:
    I have had IBS most of my life and was recently diagnosed with diverticulitis. After coming off of four different types of antibiotics less then a week ago, (first three I couldn't tolerate), I am having a hard time getting my fiber amounts regulated. When I had IBS I would swing between constipated and having frequent, somewhat loose bowel movements depending on stress or fiber intake. This was just me. I got to where I managed myself by trying to eat the right amount of fiber but then if I overdid, taking a dose of Imodium the next day to stop the frequent BM's and the cramps. Now I am put in a position where I have to keep from getting constipated and I don't dare use Imodium I guess. I had such a bad reaction to the antibiotics that I am scared of getting an attack of diverticulitis again. So here I am, uncomfortable with a bubbly stomach, and not knowing how much fiber I can handle and hoping I don't mess myself up again as I go back and forth trying to figure out how much and what fiber I can tolerate. I already know I cannot tolerate prunes in any form or dried beans. Is there anyone else out there that has struggled like me and if so... what did you do? Eating has stopped being enjoyable for me... its just a lot of stress now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! Well i'm a mother of 1 (hopefully to 2 soon) to a wonderful beautiful daughter, i'm married to a wonderful husband, and I am pentecosta...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
    I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.