Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/digestive-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Strong cramps and diarrhea after eating..
    Elizabetta posted:
    Hi! This has been happening to me for the past... 2 weeks? I believe. It doesn't happen every time I eat either, but it happens more often than not. I can eat something as benign as plain rice, to some greasy pizza and within probably 30 minutes, I'll be in the restroom, with quite sharp abdominal cramps. Thankfully the discomfort (usually) passes quickly.

My diet hasn't changed any, and considering it happens with almost anything I eat, I don't think it's some type of sudden intolerance.

I'd also like to mention that this isn't the first time this has happened to me. But i've just dealt with it by using stomach meds before eating.

I've suffered from stomach issues since I was a child, with constipation, diarrhea, GERD.. (Which a quactor has told me the uncomfortable bloating, pain, and vomiting I had was all in my head.)
    I just considered I have IBS and figured I couldn't do anything about it.

After some research I really haven't come up with anything conclusive. I have another week until I can see my doctor, and would like some theories of what could be wrong with me. So I can suggest proper testing to my doctor. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and currently undergoing testing to try to get properly diagnosed. I became sick when I was about 12, I lo...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
    I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.