Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

New Level of torture from Mother Nature herself
    REmina posted:
    Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been trying since 2010, a year after that we finally went to a doctor and it was worse than we could have ever imagined it. We found out that luckily I am healthy and alright regarding getting pregnant but my husband was born with a disfunction in that area specifically, so not only does he was low count now but also the ones he does have won't survive past 2 weeks of being fertilized. We have done 6 IUI's and 2 IVF'S in which all have failed. Both IVF's took but the sperm(s) die after 2 weeks, I just bleed out. Now years past a lot of heart ache and what else we have come to terms that it will not happen. My last period was on 06/26 lasted about 5 days, I have not had one since then and have had very different symptoms. I am usually very regular 30-31 days and they are painful and heavy which im used to by now, got even worse after the IVF's. I am about 5 days late and some of my symptoms are basic like breast tenderness, very tired, need salt and chocolate, moody, but im also constipated, gassy, diarrhea sometimes if not constipated, breast tenderness (some swelling), no discharge nor blood or spotting, all I want to do it eat eat eat and I am very sexually aroused. I just took a test today during the day on my lunch break at work so 07/01 and it was a clear very clear negative. My heart is broken even though deep down inside I knew it was not and wont happen.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi REmina,

Your post broke my heart. I'm so sorry that you and your husband are having such a hard time conceiving. Then to be told that even if you DO get pregnant then the baby won't survive is unimaginable. I truly wish that I could give you a hug through the screen.

I know that this is a very hard time for you. Have you considered adoption? If you are considering adoption, WebMD has a lot of online resources/information for you that I would be happy to provide to you.

Here are links to information that I found on WebMD that you might find useful:

Male Infertility Treatments

Infertility and Men

Vitamins & Supplements to Help Treat Male Infertility

Fertility Problems --Home Treatment

I hope these help.

Please remember that we are all here for you.

Helpful Tips

TTC Basics you need to know
    Ask yourself the following questions: What steps are you using to concieve?? Are your cycles regular? How long have you actively been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center