Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]et

    Atypical glandular cells &conception
    anxiousforinfo posted:
    My doctors office called yesterday and said my papsmear results showed atypical glandular cells. She scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound and colposcopy. History: About a year ago I had a leep done. I believe it was for ASC-US. About 2 months ago I had a D&C for a miscarriage. My question: is it okay to continue to try to get pregnant or should I wait for further testing on the atypical glandular cells? Nurse said it was fine to keep trying but I have doubts. I am anxious to get pregnant soon due to my age. how worried should I be about the atypical glandular cells in general, and during pregnancy?
    editor_morgan responded:
    Hi anxiousforinfo,

    Thanks for posting

    I totally understand your concern about having atypical glandular cells while trying to conceive. I know that you've spoken to a nurse, but have you spoken to your doctor? You should consult him/her and get some of your questions definitively answered. Who knows, you might receive some goods news!

    In the meantime, here are some resources that you might find useful:

    Helpful Tips

    New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
    New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center