Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
    Another update
    KittyKatJenn posted:
    Well, I called my docs office. His nurse set an appointment for me to come in on Friday to talk to him about the test. She just called me back and said after talking to him I don't need an appointment. Mu tubes were clear and he said that is not an issue.

So she said to call when I start my cycle. Since I don't ever start on my own I have to wait 30 days from my last cycle and then another 2 weeks. My doc does it that way since some people start a little later. So I told her I would call her for the provera then. They just seem convinced that AF is going to come without some coaxing!

She also said that in the mean time he is going to contemplate what to do next. Guess I gotta learn patience and wait. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what he may do next? Are thre any mroe tests that can be done or am I sprinting in the direction of IUI or IVF???

AprilCB responded:
    if they haven't done a laposcopy to check for endomitriosis, they might do that. Otherwise sounds like they may try for IUI. Good luck and sorry you're being delayed
    Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC nearly 4 years. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/26/10 all BFN. 1st IVF about 6/10

chickeedoodle responded:
    I'm sorry you have to wait so long for AF!!!

So, if your tubes are clear, then I'm guessing they will need to work on getting you to grow mature eggs. Probably put you on some fertility meds and monitor with u/s during your cycle, would be my guess. Since Clomid didn't work for you, they might try Femara, or want to go straight to injectables.

Doesn't mean you have to go to IUI - unless they think there is a problem with your DH's sperm getting up to tubes.

Has he had SA done? They might also want a post-coital test as well...

Just come guesses - I'd call the nurse back and ask what the plan of action is... Personally, I can't stand not knowing what the plan is!!
    Carla 8/2005 IUI 1 - DS born 5/2006 10/2007-5/2009 - 7 more IUI's; one BFP - m/c 7/2009... 9/2009-10/2009 2 more IUI's - 2 BFN; IVF 1 scheduled to start July/Aug 2010

KittyKatJenn replied to chickeedoodle's response:
    Well, DH has had an SA and all is well there. The nurse told me she will only make me wait untill it has been 30 days, but that the doc will say wait 2 more weeks. So instead of calling at 30 and being put off, I'm jsut gonna wait.

We also did a PC test and that came back fine as well. I would call and demand a plan, but I don't think he knows what the plan is yet. His nurse said he told her that he is going to contemplate me and would have a plan byt the time I get AF. So I guess I just have to hurry up and wait!

chickeedoodle replied to KittyKatJenn's response:
    Well then, it sounds like you know all that they know! (which is good) I look forward to hearing what they have in store for you - and hope it works!!!
    Take care!
    :)
    Carla 8/2005 IUI 1 - DS born 5/2006 10/2007-5/2009 - 7 more IUI's; one BFP - m/c 7/2009... 9/2009-10/2009 2 more IUI's - 2 BFN; IVF 1 scheduled to start July/Aug 2010

Spotlight: Member Stories

We tried for almost 2 years to conceive before going to an RE. Clomid and injectible IUIs did not work so we ended up doing IVF w/ ICSI in Feb 2008. W...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
    A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.